cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Larra
Paper Tape
Message 1 of 6

Crackling sound, t420s

Hi! I recently received a brand new thinkpad t420s. Sadly, I have noticed quite a lot of crackling sound from the internal speakers. Even when the volume is set to mid levels, the speakers will crackle. Is this normal? or is there a solution to this problem?

/Lars

Community Moderator
Community Moderator
Message 2 of 6

Re: Crackling sound, t420s

Larra,

Are you getting those noises if you are using a headphone? Can you try that?
*Non Lenovo employee*

I have a Y2P (i5) ... Feel free to ping me if you want me to test some applications with your Y2P if you have the same model. I don't mind keep doing recovery on it if needed .... =)
supersalad
Fanfold Paper
Message 3 of 6

I also have a crackling and hissing sound on my new T520 as well. Google search turns up a lot of people having the same issue for a long time now. I can't believe the so called Lenovo engineers missed this! 

tnor
Paper Tape
Message 4 of 6

I wonder if this problem is actually a problem in audio playback and not a problem with the speakers.... My brand new thinkpad t520 has been experiencing major issues with audio playback through external speakers and internal speakers.
Larra
Paper Tape
Message 5 of 6

No, when using headphones or external speaker, the sound is clean and clear. 

Community Moderator
Community Moderator
Message 6 of 6

@Larra,

Follow this steps to uninstall and reinstall the audio software.

http://forums.lenovo.com/t5/X-Series-ThinkPad-Laptops/ThinkPad-X1-Cracking-amp-popping-sound/ta-p/77...

If problem persist after reinstalling the audio drivers then you would need to contact support to get the hardware checked.

*Non Lenovo employee*

I have a Y2P (i5) ... Feel free to ping me if you want me to test some applications with your Y2P if you have the same model. I don't mind keep doing recovery on it if needed .... =)
Top Kudoed Authors