Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dadham
Fanfold Paper
Views: 499
Message 1 of 2

Creating Recovery Disks & unable to restore my laptop to its factory settings

j have a Thinkpad T410 . about 4 months ago i used paragon partiton manager because i wanted to create a drive with 400 Gigabyte and  i reduced drive c to 50  Gigabyte, and windows seven didnt allow me. after i did that i had trouble starting windows for 2 days and i still dont know how  i got it right.

now i want to restore my laptop to its factory settings. i have drive Q and i have the files in it. but i cant make the disks. it says "unable to find files for recovery media".

I did make a recovery disk before i used the paragon program but now it doesnt work either. so i want to have another one. what should i do? 

Ideasmiths
802.11n
Views: 494
Message 2 of 2

Re: Creating Recovery Disks & unable to restore my laptop to its factory settings

You are in trouble if you try to make drive C to 50G in the first place. Anyway if you still have Drive Q, there may be hope.

You will need to restore your laptop to the factory settings from the thinkvantage blue button. Before you do it, backup ALL the data that you have. Then reboot the laptop and press the Thinkvantage button, go through the restoration to factory settings.

After completed, you should use some cloning software like Norton Ghost or Acronis Home or even the default window 7, it has a great backup software build it. Backup and create an image of the system too. In the future, if you need to restore to factory standard, just use the cloned backup.

Another obscure way is to google or search in this forum, there is a settings that can changed the backupstate of lenovo form 1 to 0 which allows you to create another set of recovery discs. I have heard of it, some says it work, some don't

And we're back...

Move delayed but still coming

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors