Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Fanfold Paper
Message 1 of 5 (187 Views)

Creating Windows 7 recovery disks for my T410i

[ Edited ]

Hi there:

I would like to create a windows 7 recovery disk(s) but I can't find a "onekey" program to execute. I do have some thinkvantage programs on the computer but I don't see "onekey" anywhere.

Is there a way for me to create windows 7 recovery disks? I would like to do a fresh install on my thinkpad.

I do have a COA on the bottom of the computer.

Thanks,

Community Moderator
Message 2 of 5 (180 Views)

Re: Creating Windows 7 recovery disks for my T410i

OneKey is an Idea tool typically.  It's done with ThinkVantage tools on Windows 7 Think machines.

https://support.lenovo.com/us/en/documents/ht004960

IIRC it varied a little over the years.  Sometimes it was an option in Rescue and Recovery, other times there was a direct start menu link, and sometimes it was in tools as above.

Z.

The large print: please read the Community Participation Rules before posting. Include as much information as possible: model, machine type, operating system, and a descriptive subject line. Do not include personal information: serial number, telephone number, email address, etc.

The fine print: I do not work for, nor do I speak for Lenovo. Unsolicited private messages will be ignored. ... GeezBlog

Communities:    English English   Deutsche Deutsche    Español Español    Português Português    ru.gif Русскоязычное

Fanfold Paper
Message 3 of 5 (163 Views)

I have rescue and recovery. Can I use this to make a backup of the factory install? 

I see options to backup everything  but I don't want to do that.

I want to start from scratch.

Thanks

Fanfold Paper
Message 4 of 5 (147 Views)

If I have to order replacement restore disks from Lenovo (Windows 7 64), how much will they be?

Bit Torrent
Message 5 of 5 (96 Views)

Recovery DVD set from Lenovo will be around $50US ~~$65CN.

A Lenovo factory shipped system will have the Create Recovery Media function.

This option will be a standalone function on the start menu and will be imbedded in the RNR gui panels. This option can be run 1 time only then it disappears.

If you restore your system to Factory state, you must run windows update, which will take hours. 

If your system is stable, take a backup with:

(1)windows 7 backup/recovery software

(2)Rescue and Recovery backup software

Trying to make a Factory Recovery "current" takes hours and hours.

Some of the Lenovo products will not work after your machine is made "current". 

Top kudoed Authors