Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tribedude
Fanfold Paper
Views: 226
Message 1 of 5

Creating Windows 7 recovery disks for my T410i

Hi there:

I would like to create a windows 7 recovery disk(s) but I can't find a "onekey" program to execute. I do have some thinkvantage programs on the computer but I don't see "onekey" anywhere.

Is there a way for me to create windows 7 recovery disks? I would like to do a fresh install on my thinkpad.

I do have a COA on the bottom of the computer.

Thanks,

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 219
Message 2 of 5

Re: Creating Windows 7 recovery disks for my T410i

OneKey is an Idea tool typically.  It's done with ThinkVantage tools on Windows 7 Think machines.

https://support.lenovo.com/us/en/documents/ht004960

IIRC it varied a little over the years.  Sometimes it was an option in Rescue and Recovery, other times there was a direct start menu link, and sometimes it was in tools as above.

Z.

The large print: please read the Community Participation Rules before posting. Include as much information as possible: model, machine type, operating system, and a descriptive subject line. Do not include personal information: serial number, telephone number, email address, etc.

The fine print: I do not work for, nor do I speak for Lenovo. Unsolicited private messages will be ignored - questions and answers belong in the forum so that others may benefit. ... GeezBlog

Communities:   English    Deutsche    Español    Português    Русскоязычное    Česká    Slovenská    Українська   Moto English

tribedude
Fanfold Paper
Views: 202
Message 3 of 5

I have rescue and recovery. Can I use this to make a backup of the factory install? 

I see options to backup everything  but I don't want to do that.

I want to start from scratch.

Thanks

tribedude
Fanfold Paper
Views: 186
Message 4 of 5

If I have to order replacement restore disks from Lenovo (Windows 7 64), how much will they be?

sclexman
Bit Torrent
Views: 135
Message 5 of 5

Recovery DVD set from Lenovo will be around $50US ~~$65CN.

A Lenovo factory shipped system will have the Create Recovery Media function.

This option will be a standalone function on the start menu and will be imbedded in the RNR gui panels. This option can be run 1 time only then it disappears.

If you restore your system to Factory state, you must run windows update, which will take hours. 

If your system is stable, take a backup with:

(1)windows 7 backup/recovery software

(2)Rescue and Recovery backup software

Trying to make a Factory Recovery "current" takes hours and hours.

Some of the Lenovo products will not work after your machine is made "current". 

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors