Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
escapedturkey
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 776
Message 1 of 3

Dear Lenovo, keyboard flex ...

I noticed with the T500 I purchased there existed some keyboard flex. I got sort of used to it. One of the keys broke (my own doing). I replaced the keyboard from my old T60 (FRU No: 42T3209). Wow! What a huge difference. The old design is superior in every way. It does weigh a little more but the difference in feel and ruggedness make it a much better choice. I am going to order a second 42T3209 keyboard for the T60. If anyone gets annoyed with the keyboard flex, I suggest searching (ebay, parts surplus) for the 42T3209 keyboard. To Lenovo: Please consider the old keyboard design in future models. Thank you.
mcc
Token Ring
Views: 723
Message 2 of 3

Re: Dear Lenovo, keyboard flex ...

I called Lenovo complaining about the same issue on my W500. The first person turned me down but the second rep ordered me a stronger keyboard, shipped next day air, 100% free-of-charge.
escapedturkey
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 622
Message 3 of 3

Re: Dear Lenovo, keyboard flex ...

There is a definite trade-off between the two types of keyboards. The more flexible keyboard is significantly lighter and more spill resistant (assumption). It also may provide a better ventilation due to the holes. The more rigid keyboard is heavier, more solid feeling (no flex), and may be less spill resistant (assumption). It may be a good idea for Lenovo to offer an option when ordering a laptop whereas customer can choose the type of keyboard, listing the benefits of each type. Smiley Happy

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors