Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dkuzminov
Blue Screen Again
Views: 292
Message 1 of 5

Disable fingerprint after logon

I wish to disable the fingerprint after logon. On my T510 it is right under my arm, and this **bleep** popup appears every time I accidentally touch this sensor. I wish it to be silent and doing nothing when I have logged on already. How can I disable it?

Bob-II
Blue Screen Again
Views: 232
Message 2 of 5

Re: Disable fingerprint after logon

Brute-force method: Create a task to run 2 minutes (or sooner) after login. Have the task stop (or pause) the Windows biometric service (Win7 name = WbioSrvc). Bob

Bob-II
Blue Screen Again
Views: 210
Message 3 of 5

Create a Win 7 task, have it stop the wbiosrvc service. When you run it is up to you. Use 30 seconds after login as a starting point.

To stop the service:

sc stop wbiosrvc

Once stopped you'll need some way to restart it. A simple Win7 batch file will work.

To restart the service:

sc start wbiosrvc

This is the brute-force method of stopping the fingerprint scanner. It kills all the Windows biometrics.

Bob

dkuzminov
Blue Screen Again
Views: 208
Message 4 of 5

Are you kidding???

Hey, Lenovo staff, it this is the only way to avoid unintentional popups, you software is completely junk!

P.S. The old software that was initially installed on my T510 was much better.

Bob-II
Blue Screen Again
Views: 199
Message 5 of 5

Ahh you're in need of the real simple fix - grab a roll of black electrical tape, cut off a 1/2 inch (1.25cm for the metric types) piece, paste it over the FP scanner, bingo, problem solved.  Easy huh?

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors