cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
wtr3rd
Paper Tape
Views: 333
Message 1 of 3

Disabling integrated Intel UHD 620 graphics so NVIDIA MX150 carries all of the graphics load

My research to date indicates that the integrated graphics card on my new T480 cannot be disabled, and that the graphics load will always be shared between the integrated graphics card and the NVIDIA MX150 card (no matter the global settings on the NVIDIA and Intel control panels).  Is this correct???

If so, this was a truly stupid design choice on the part of the Lenovo design team.  Who wants to buy an expensive graphics card only to discover that integrated graphics capability can not be turned off.

On a recent internet delivered video, the loads on the two GPU's appeared about the same - the integrated graphics process was "stealing" about 15% of the CPU, while the MX150 was essentially idling at 15%.

Does this make ANY sense???

Social Support Agent
Social Support Agent
Views: 224
Message 2 of 3

Re: Disabling integrated Intel UHD 620 graphics so NVIDIA MX150 carries all of the graphics load

Hi wtr3rd!

Welcome to the Community,

Due to System Limitation / BIOS, disabling the Integrated Graphics is not possible. Laptop will mainly run with Integrated Graphics, while letting the NVIDIA Graphics work with Intensive applications via NVIDIA Settings (Global Settings / Program Settings),

https://support.lenovo.com/ph/en/solutions/ht062695

Regards,

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow us @LenovoSupport on Facebook and Twitter!

wtr3rd
Paper Tape
Views: 180
Message 3 of 3

Re: Disabling integrated Intel UHD 620 graphics so NVIDIA MX150 carries all of the graphics load

Truly an uninformative post in reply to my orgignal post.

The link you provided is a how-to for an Ideapad running Windows 7.  I have a T480 running Windows 10 (version 1903).

I had already gone through all of the configuration options for the graphics card prior to posting (as I stated in my post).

The fact that the NVIDIA card, which is sold as an option on the T480, is essentially unutilized borders on a truth in advertising violation.  Who would willingly purchase a graphics card knowing that it would be used only partially (minmally?) to drive the display?

One - a monumemtally stupid design decision.  Two - deceptive in that full disclosure was not provided as to its limited capability prior to the sale.

This is worthy of elevation to senior execs at Lenovo.  Clearly nothing will happen as a result of conversation in this forum.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors