Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
getmizanur
Paper Tape
Views: 216
Message 1 of 4

Display issue

Hi, 

today, I got my thinkpad T460p screen replaced because of a blacklight issue. However, I noticed a new issue- when I close my lid or select "sleep", my laptop fails to wake up.

I tried to do the same thing with an external monitor and noticed that the external monitor goes corrupted. I can't grab screenshot of this happening because the laptop is inoperable. But I have attached a picture of what it looks like to this message.

Any help is much appreciated.

Thanks,

Miz 

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 206
Message 2 of 4

Re: Display issue

Did Lenovo replace the screen or someone else?

Is there a message in the event log at the time of the sleep event or the failed wake-up?

Re: external monitor, is this new problem since the screen change?

Rich

I do not respond to requests for private, one-on-one help. Your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where they may help others as well.

If a response answers your question, please mark it as the accepted solution.

I am not an employee or agent of Lenovo.
getmizanur
Paper Tape
Views: 182
Message 3 of 4

1./ Screen was replaced by Lenovo

2./ There isn't message in event log. I filtered by kernal-power (Event ID: 42) and Power-Troubleshooter (Event ID: 1)

3./ Yes, it's a new problem. I haven't seen this before.

When an external monitor is attached and I try to wake my laptop, the corrupted screen is displayed on the external screen while the primary screen is dark. It looks like my laptop tries to load primary screen, failing that displays on the secondary screen - hope that makes sense, I don't have event log to back this up.

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 168
Message 4 of 4

If Lenovo replaced it, I would call them back and make them fix it.

Rich

I do not respond to requests for private, one-on-one help. Your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where they may help others as well.

If a response answers your question, please mark it as the accepted solution.

I am not an employee or agent of Lenovo.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors