Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
fawazsidheek
What's DOS?
Views: 183
Message 1 of 3

Display issues - Blurred text on Windows 10

I purchased T480 (Type 20L5, 20L6) Laptop (ThinkPad) just a week back and the text displaying on my screen is blurred. OS is windows 10. Is there any fixes to this or could be it an issue with the display card. I tried updating the drivers and various solutions online but the text is still blurred. Please help

Regards,

Fawaz

JDGillis
Bit Torrent
Views: 174
Message 2 of 3

Re: Display issues - Blurred text on Windows 10

It is most likely driver related, and updating the driver would be the easiest thing to try. 

If your system is running Windows 10 1903 and has the Intel UHD Graphics 620 adapter, you many want to try out the latest driver from Intel if you do not have it already.  The current 1903 compliant driver is Version: 26.20.100.6912 (Latest) Date: 6/19/2019 which is newer than the 26.20.100.6860 version Lenovo currently has posted.

To check the versoin you are currently running, right-click on start and and select Device Manager, expand the Display Adapters section, right-click on your Intel UHD Graphics 620 adapter, select Properties, and then select the driver tab.

If you decide to try the latest Intel DCH driver, you must first switch to the Microsoft Basic Display Adapter, or you will be told to use the driver from your OEM (Lenovo) when you try to install the one from Intel

Before starting, download the latest Intel DCH driver for your graphics adapter using the link below, and disconnect any external monitors for the time being.

•  Right-click on Start and select Device Manager
  • Click on "Display Adapters" to expand, and then double-click on your Intel HD Graphics adapter

• Select the Driver tab -> "Update Driver" -> "Browse my computer for driver software" -> "Let me pick from a list of available drivers on my computer"

• Select “Microsoft Basic Display Adapter”

• Click “Next” (note that you screen resolution will likely change) when it switches to the basic driver)

• Close Device Manager

You should now be able to install the latest Intel DCH driver downloaded earlier successfully.

Intel® UHD Graphics 620 for Microsoft Windows® 10-64

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/product/126789/Intel-UHD-Graphics-620

Best of luck, 

fawazsidheek
What's DOS?
Views: 81
Message 3 of 3

Re: Display issues - Blurred text on Windows 10

Upgraded the drivers but cant seem to get a clear text. 

Please find attached a screenshot of my display. 

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors