Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Gregours
What's DOS?
Views: 339
Message 1 of 8

Do I have 3g on my t460p?

Hello guys,

I bought a T460p in 2nd hand. I do have a simcard slot, but I don't know if I only have the slot or the full equipment behind the slot.

I put my card, nothing happened. How can I know if there is it?

Regards

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 316
Message 2 of 8

Re: Do I have 3g on my t460p?

Hello and welcome,

What is the MT-M of your laptop? (like 20FW000SUS as an example of a US model).  You can go to SUPPORT above and enter the MT-M in the search box, then use the machine info dropdown do get details of your specific model.

Some have a WWAN card installed, some have antennas only (upgradeable with by installing a WWAN card), and some have none (card and antennas required - and a difficult antenna installation).  All have the SIM slot since they share the same mechanical components.

You can also look around Device Manager for a WWAN card.

Z.

The large print: please read the Community Participation Rules before posting. Include as much information as possible: model, machine type, operating system, and a descriptive subject line. Do not include personal information: serial number, telephone number, email address, etc.

The fine print: I do not work for, nor do I speak for Lenovo. Unsolicited private messages will be ignored. ... GeezBlog

Communities:    English English   Deutsche Deutsche    Español Español    Português Português    ru.gif Русскоязычное

Gregours
What's DOS?
Views: 310
Message 3 of 8

20fx and whaT?

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 308
Message 4 of 8

20fx isn't enough.  You need the full MT-M.

Z.

The large print: please read the Community Participation Rules before posting. Include as much information as possible: model, machine type, operating system, and a descriptive subject line. Do not include personal information: serial number, telephone number, email address, etc.

The fine print: I do not work for, nor do I speak for Lenovo. Unsolicited private messages will be ignored. ... GeezBlog

Communities:    English English   Deutsche Deutsche    Español Español    Português Português    ru.gif Русскоязычное

Gregours
What's DOS?
Views: 274
Message 5 of 8

20FX

Moderator note: serial number removed for member's protection.

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 269
Message 6 of 8

That is not the full MT-M.  That is your serial number, which should not be posted here.  The MT-M starts with 20FX.

Did you try that in the SUPPORT search box?  When I do it returns this in machine info:

Processor: 1x Intel Core i7-6700HQ Processor(Core i7-6700HQ): : Memory: 1x 8GB DDR4-2133: : Operating System: Free-DOS(): : Hard Drive: 1x : : Wireless Network: 1x Intel Wireless 8260(2x2AC) with BT4.1: : Ports: 1x 4-in-1 Media Card Reader (SD, MMC, SDHC, SDXC): : Camera: 1x 720p HD Camera: : Graphics: 14.0 2560x1440: : Monitor: 3 Year On-site

I don't see a WWAN listed.

Z.

Gregours
What's DOS?
Views: 262
Message 7 of 8

Thank you for answer. But I have a simcard slot on my laptop.
Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 261
Message 8 of 8

As I said above, they all have a simcard slot since they share common mechanicals.

Also presumably to allow for future installation of a WWAN card.  Your may or may not already have WWAN antennas present - usually listed as WWAN-upgradeable in the specs.

If you can give us your actual full MT-M perhaps we can doubly-confirm the status of your laptop.

Z.

Top Kudoed Authors