cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Aeternitas
Paper Tape
Views: 2,160
Message 1 of 4

Dock-station for T520, Quad-Core.. (+long life battary)

Hello,

I've just bought Lenovo ThinkPad T520 (4242RK2), and looking for dock-station, the problem is that everywhere is written "suitable for  ... T520 Dual-core..." Why is it so? Does it mean that if I have i7 Quad-core processor, then there is no dock station yet?

and one more question, you have 9-cell battaries, do you have long-life 9-cell? or all of them are long-life? Mybe just tell me which battary do you advice to use with t520 for the longest time to use lapton without charging, and also considering battary live overall.

thank you!

Max

lead_org Microsoft MVP Contributor
Microsoft MVP Contributor
Views: 2,110
Message 2 of 4

Re: Dock-station for T520, Quad-Core.. (+long life battary)

T520 quad core CPU uses the Series 3 dock for mobile workstation with the 135 watt adapter.

Basically the version with 90 watt adapter would also work, but you would need to use your 135 watt adapter with it to get the maximum speed.

There are the 9 cells normal that you insert in the battery bay, and there is another 9 cells slice (called 27++) that you can attach to the bottom of the laptop to use in conjunction with the normal 9 cells battery.

http://forums.lenovo.com/t5/T400-T500-and-newer-T-series/Pics-of-9-cell-battery-and-Slice-27-T520/td...
Regards,

Jin Li

May this year, be the year of 'DO'!

I am a volunteer, and not a paid staff of Lenovo or Microsoft
Aeternitas
Paper Tape
Views: 2,085
Message 3 of 4

thank you for quick response and tips!

so I can by any Series 3 dock and additionally 135 adapter, or I can go with this one (ThinkPad Mini Dock Plus Series 3 (170W)):

http://shop.lenovo.com/SEUILibrary/controller/e/web/LenovoPortal/en_US/catalog.workflow:item.detail?...

170W will be also good, right?

about battery: 9 cell normal battery is called "ThinkPad Battery 55++", other 9 cell battaries are made for other models, right? there is no "long life" battaries which are recently manfactored by for instance HP?

and about 27++.. thank you very much about pointing, that's great, so I can leave my 6-cell battery and buy this one, together it will be enough for me (6 cell normal + 9 cell slice shoule work well together, should not they?)

Highlighted
lead_org Microsoft MVP Contributor
Microsoft MVP Contributor
Views: 2,079
Message 4 of 4

you can use the Series 3 170 watt dock. This dock uses a 170 watt adapter from the W520, but they are also compatible with your machine.

Yes you can use the 6 cells with the slice battery 27++.

Regards,

Jin Li

May this year, be the year of 'DO'!

I am a volunteer, and not a paid staff of Lenovo or Microsoft

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors