11-13-2013 03:03 PM
My company has several hundred T430 laptops being used with the ThinkPad Mini Dock Series 3, type 4337-15U. The scenario is:
* A USB2.0 Keyboard is plugged into the dock.
* A completed powered off laptop is put into the dock and powered on.
* The keyboard is not detected.
* We have keyoards from various manufacturers (Dell, Lenovo, Microsoft).
* There are no problems if the keyboard is plugged directly into one of the laptop USB ports.
* Other USB devices seem to work fine (i.e., Mouse, printer, etc.)
* We're running Windows 7 SP1. All laptops have Bitlocker encryption enabled.
I checked the BIOS settings and nothing really stands out. Has anyone seen this before? Any thoughts on how to remediate the issue?
11-14-2013 12:40 AM
Welcome to Lenovo Community Forums!
I’m sorry to hear that external keyboard is not working in your Lenovo ThinkPad T430 when plugged into dock.
Could you try the below mentioned steps?
If the above said didn’t help resolve your concern, try uninstalling all the drivers listed under USB Root hub. Restart the system and click on scan hardware changes in device manager. System will auto detect all the new hardware and will install the drivers appropriately.
Hope this helps!
11-19-2013 11:13 AM
Thank you very much for your reply, but unfortunately it had no effect. I followed your steps and then shut the T430 down. I plugged the keyboard directly into the docking station and turned the machine on. When it prompted for my BitLocker password it would not accept any entry from the keyboard at all. I had to plug it directly into one of the USB ports directly on the laptop in order for it to work.
Don't know if this matters, but my keyboard is a Microsoft Natural Keyboard Elite.
11-19-2013 03:16 PM
11-20-2013 04:53 PM
11-22-2013 08:39 AM
11-22-2013 11:34 AM