Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bayenc
Blue Screen Again
Views: 4,072
Message 1 of 3

Docking Station for a Lenovo ThinkPad T460 Laptop

Hello,

I am starting a new job where I will b working from home. Before my orientation, I purchased two monitors for my home office. I am currently at my orientation for this week and was just provided my work laptop (ThinkPad T460). My question is: what docking station or stations are available for me to purchase where I can plug my two monitors into the station and be able to use both the monitors AND laptop at the same time. I am not the most techy person, so you may have to dumb down your responses. I've read several reviews on Lenovo docking stations and some people are saying their monitors will only work with the laptop shut or if the laptop is open then only one of the monitors will work. I want both monitors AND the laptop to be able to be used at the same time. Are you able to point me in the right direction to the right docking station or docking stations that would allow me to accomplish this for my home office? Thank you very much in advance!

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 4,031
Message 2 of 3

Re: Docking Station for a Lenovo ThinkPad T460 Laptop

Hello and welcome to the Community

Firstly, T460 (its Intel HD graphics 520) supports up to three display simultaneously (including laptop' LCD), itself.
The quote from the T460' platform specification:
"supports three independent displays;
Max resolution:
3840x2160@60Hz (DisplayPort via Mini DisplayPort cable);
1920x1080@60Hz (HDMI)"

Take a look at the guides below:
1. https://download.lenovo.com/pccbbs/options_iso/ocm_september_2017.xlsx - Options Campatibility Matrix. Choose the docking station and its FRU

2. https://support.lenovo.com/us/en/solutions/pd014572 - Docks, Port Replicator, Ultrabase - Reference Guide. Just for references to the reviews, readme etc. Do not take attention to the compatibility, there are a lot of missing data, OCM is more clear guide

3. https://support.lenovo.com/us/en/solutions/pd029622 - Display and Video Output Configurations - Docking Stations.

x220 • Gobi 2000 3g | hdd, msata ssd, wwan, wifi, gps -- unique hand-made config
ThinkPad 25 Special Anniversary Edition. #retro. Signed by D.Hill
T470p | X1 Carbon Gen3 | Miix 2 10" | Yoga Tablet 2-1050F (Android) + BT Keyboard
ThinkPad Stack • 2.4/5 Wireless Router, HDD 1 TB, BT Speaker, Power Bank, Mobile Projector

Do it well, worse becomes itself

Communities:   English    Deutsche    Español    Portugues    Русскоязычное    Česká    Slovenská    Українська   Moto English

dgillmor
Fanfold Paper
Views: 3,352
Message 3 of 3

Re: Docking Station for a Lenovo ThinkPad T460 Laptop

Will the older dock for the T460 work with the T470 or do I have to buy a new dock?

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors