Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
prototype_dcb
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 1,084
Message 1 of 5

Does the Thinkpad T470 have WIFI whitelist

Hi there, 

I was wondering whether I could replace my Intel Dual Band Wireless-AC 8265 on my T470 with another WIFI adapter. I have heard that there is a whitelist on the adapters that can be used. Some say newer models don't have it but I'm not sure, and I wouldn't want to buy a WIFI card just for it not to work.

I was looking forward to a BCM94352Z. Would that be compatible? Sould it be an m.2 half size PCIe card?

Thanks in advance for the feedback.

Lenovo Employee Rydeen
Lenovo Employee
Views: 1,021
Message 2 of 5

Re: Does the Thinkpad T470 have WIFI whitelist

Dear customer,

ThinkPad T470 supports Intel 8265 Wireless LAN and Realtek 8822BE Wireless LAN so that I recommend you to purchase Realtek 8822BE WLAN instead of BCM94352Z.

prototype_dcb
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 1,010
Message 3 of 5

Thanks for the heads up! I have another question: Does this laptop have a dual BIOS? If it doesn't, is there any way to restore the BIOS from a backup? What if the BIOS malfunctions, can it be restored in this specific model?

I appreciate your support.

Lenovo Employee Rydeen
Lenovo Employee
Views: 1,007
Message 4 of 5

Dear customer,

All the ThinkPad models don't have dual BIOS.

In case the system fell into no boot symptom due to BIOS, customer needs to contact Lenovo service to repair.

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 990
Message 5 of 5

@Rydeen wrote:

Dear customer,

ThinkPad T470 supports Intel 8265 Wireless LAN and Realtek 8822BE Wireless LAN so that I recommend you to purchase Realtek 8822BE WLAN instead of BCM94352Z.

Is it required that the 8822 have a Lenovo FRU # from the BOM?

https://download.lenovo.com/parts/ThinkPad/t470_frubom_20170731.pdf

thanks,

Z.

The large print: please read the Community Participation Rules before posting. Include as much information as possible: model, machine type, operating system, and a descriptive subject line. Do not include personal information: serial number, telephone number, email address, etc.

The fine print: I do not work for, nor do I speak for Lenovo. Unsolicited private messages will be ignored - questions and answers belong in the forum so that others may contribute and benefit. ... GeezBlog

Communities:   English    Deutsch    Español    Português    Русскоязычное    Česká    Slovenská    Українська   Polski    Türkçe    Moto English

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors