cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ejs-edgetech
What's DOS?
Views: 16,924
Message 1 of 2

Driver is not intended for this platform (installing latest Verizon Wireless WAN (UNDP) Driver)

Hello,

My Verizon Wireless WAN has worked fine on my T500 (2081CT0, Windows Vista Business 64, 4GB RAM) since I received it last September. This morning it stopped working. Said the card wasn't activated. Calls to Verizon and to Lenovo were pretty useless -- each blamed the other, so I set out on my own.

-- I uninstalled the driver for the built-in Qualcomm HS-USB card, downloaded the latest driver (transferred via CDROM since I can't connect this laptop to the network where I work), and tried to install it.The HS-USB card is now shown in the Device Manager as "Unknown device" (under "Other devices"), and its Device Status is:

"The drivers for this device were not installed. (Code 28)

Driver is not intended for this platform.

To reinstall the drivers for this device, click Reinstall Driver."

Huh? 

Of course, Reinstall Driver doesn't work, the first problem being that it can't search online because I have no internet connection w/o the card.  This driver was installed from the following link:

http://www-307.ibm.com/pc/support/site.wss/document.do?lndocid=MIGR-69999

Looks to me like it should work on this machine. What am I doing wrong?

-- A little additional background: I've had several crashes recently, including at least two yesterday with blue screens. Easy to believe something's become corrupted, which is why I tried uninstalling and reinstalling the driver.

Help!!

Many thanks. 

ejs-edgetech
What's DOS?
Views: 16,917
Message 2 of 2

Re: Driver is not intended for this platform (installing latest Verizon Wireless WAN (UNDP) Driver)

Solution was to uninstall the "unknown device", scan for new hardware, and then follow the promts selecting all defaults.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors