Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
elliep
Paper Tape
Views: 160
Message 1 of 6

Ethernet and Wireless Issues

Lately we have been having some issues with Citrix and the connections on our laptops.  The issues happen on Dock and un Dock it seams the wireless card or ethernet does not connect right away and it destroys the Citrix connection. When this happen a message come up in the bottom stating trying to reconect and then after a few minutes citrix display a message stating trying to reconect.  With our old hp laptops I can issue a ipconfig and both the wireless and ethernet have addresses in there and look like there ready.  On the Lenovos only one is enabled.  I tried to shut down let windows decide what to do with my connection with result.  The ideal result I am trying to get to is have both adapters up and going but if ethernet is hooked up use that one and if it is not use wireless why both adpaters are active. 

Lenovo Staff
Lenovo Staff
Views: 146
Message 2 of 6

Re: Ethernet and Wireless Issues

Need more info.  What model ThinkPad, and what version of Windows is this about?

elliep
Paper Tape
Views: 139
Message 3 of 6

Windows 10 1709 on a T480.

Lenovo Staff
Lenovo Staff
Views: 135
Message 4 of 6

Windows 10 has a built-in connection manager where WiFi will get disconnected (and IP address released) if there is an active ethernet connection.  As a first step, I would try disabling this policy (note that it is enabled by default).

https://getadmx.com/?Category=Windows_10_2016&Policy=Microsoft.Policies.WindowsConnectionManager::WC...

More information about the Windows connection manager:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-hardware/drivers/mobilebroadband/understanding-and-configur...

Highlighted
Lenovo Staff
Lenovo Staff
Views: 133
Message 5 of 6

Something else to check:  ThinkPads like T480 also have a BIOS setting that could affect this.  Look in BIOS Setup -> Config -> Network for "Wireless Auto Disconnection".  The default is disabled, but if you have set it to enabled it will cause WiFi to turn off when Ethernet cable is attached.

elliep
Paper Tape
Views: 112
Message 6 of 6

I think this might have fixed it.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors