cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Lenovo Staff
Views: 1,903

Question

My company uses encryption software and when this runs on my laptop my whole laptop slows down.What could be wrong?

Answer

Although ExpressCache may install and work on the system using disk encryption, the content of the cache may not be encrypted. This is true for hardware encryption (e.g. OPAL and FDE) as well as software encryption (e.g. BitLocker, Sophos SafeGuard, WinMagic SecureDoc, etc.).

The above symptom is associated with, but not limited to, the following systems:

ThinkPad:

• T430, T430i, T430s, T430si, T430u, T530, T530i, W530, X230, X230i, X230 Tablet, X230i Tablet, L430, L530
  • Edge E330, E430, E530, S430,

where systems are configured mSATA SSD and ExpressCache software, and are running Microsoft Windows 7.

Users requiring the security of disk encryption should uninstall ExpressCache software.

Was this information helpful?

Comments
SF-TM

I've got a T450s that came with ExpressCache and encrypted it. It worked fine for a bit, but eventually ran into trouble booting. Using a tool from the encryption vendor (McAfee/Intel), I was able to boot into Windows and uninstall this program. Removing ExpressCache hasn't fixed the boot issue, though. Is there something more I need to do to undo the effects of this thing?