Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
oldkopite
Not applicable
Views: 3,884
Message 1 of 4

External Display not working when laptop T460 is in docking station

Hi 

I have recently picked up a T460 , but when its docked and the lid is closed down the external display monitor connected doesnt work

I have to have the screen open on my laptop for the external screen to work 

Any ideas please ?

Thanks In Advance

Alan 

Administrator
Administrator
Views: 3,836
Message 2 of 4

Re: External Display not working when laptop T460 is in docking station

Hello Alan, welcome to the Community,

which operating system is installed please?  Has it by any chance been updated to Windows 10 Creator version?
It would also help if you could please post which graphic driver(s) version(s) are installed.

Andy

English Community Leader
Please remember to come back and mark the post that you feel solved your question as the solution, it earns the member + points 
Did you find a post helpfull? You can thank the member by clicking on the star below their post awarding them Kudos

Please don't ask me questions by Personal Message; questions belong in the forums.

Communities:   English    Deutsche    Español    Português    Русскоязычное    Česká    Slovenská    Українська   Język Polski    Moto English

oldkopite
Not applicable
Views: 3,829
Message 3 of 4

Hi Andy

Its running wondows 7 and the Graphic details are attached

Thanks

Alan

Administrator
Administrator
Views: 3,824
Message 4 of 4

There would appear to be a newer graphics driver version from January 2017 available which I would recommend installing, ensure you uninstall the previous driver first; it's good practice.

http://pcsupport.lenovo.com/sk/en/products/LAPTOPS-AND-NETBOOKS/THINKPAD-T-SERIES-LAPTOPS/THINKPAD-T...

I would also suggest taking a look at your other drivers such as power management and ensure the dock is at the latest version of firmware

Andy

English Community Leader
Please remember to come back and mark the post that you feel solved your question as the solution, it earns the member + points 
Did you find a post helpfull? You can thank the member by clicking on the star below their post awarding them Kudos

Please don't ask me questions by Personal Message; questions belong in the forums.

Communities:   English    Deutsche    Español    Português    Русскоязычное    Česká    Slovenská    Українська   Język Polski    Moto English

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors