Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

ThinkPad NotebooksThinkPad: T400 / T500 and newer T series Laptops
All Forum Topics
Options

3 Posts

10-03-2016

Switzerland

11 Signins

96 Page Views

• Views: 96
  • Message 1 of 3

Failed BIOS Update on T430

2016-10-03, 15:27 PM

After a fresh installation of Win10 i ran the Lenovo Update Tool to check for missing drivers. There was a BIOS update marked as critical so I installed it. The update was downloaded, the notebook rebooted and started installing the new BIOS. After maybe 10% of progress the notebook shut down. I tried to start it but the only life signs are two series of five beeps and the fans turning.

I tried removing the battery pack and the bios battery for some hours, since this seemed to help some of the people with failed BIOS updates, but without success.

Do I need a new motherboard now or is there another way to fix this?

Options

3 Posts

10-03-2016

Switzerland

11 Signins

96 Page Views

• Views: 96
  • Message 2 of 3

Re: Failed BIOS Update on T430

2016-10-03, 15:44 PM

I just saw an old thread here in the forum which I didn't found before. Really seems that I need a new board.

As my warranty is over, do I have to pay the repair myself? Because I think I didn't do anything wrong.

Options

3 Posts

10-17-2016

United States of America

3 Signins

29 Page Views

• Views: 29
  • Message 3 of 3

Re: Failed BIOS Update on T430

2016-10-17, 6:12 AM

Yeah sorry I just had the same thing happen on my T530 on Window 8.1 after trying to update to the latest release 2.67 Release date 9/12/2016. It looks like they are having issues again. Called Tech support and they tried to help, but it has been a dead end...

I am looking into reprograming the bios on the board, but after looking at the BIOS file I am confused because the bios is not like older machines.

Does anyone have any experience here? The CRISIS recovery mentioned in another thread doest apear to work here.

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms