Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
nevetssf
Punch Card
Views: 2,431
Message 1 of 11

Fibocom L850-GL on T480 - "Windows has stopped this device..."

I have a T480 with a Fibocom L850-GL WAN card. Frequently, but all the time, when waking up from sleep, it fails to appear in my Wireless options, and when I look at it in the device manager, under Device status Windows gives the message "Windows has stopped this device because it has reported problems. (Code 43)"

I see others have had some problems with this card, but I haven't found this specific issue.

I've installed the latest drivers as of today (2018-07-28) but I'm still having this problem. If I manually disable and re-enable the device it always comes back, but it's pretty annoying to have to do that. 

Before I contact Lenovo for repair (the laptop is only a couple of weeks old) I wanted to check the forum for any ideas.

Thanks!

sclexman
Bit Torrent
Views: 2,399
Message 2 of 11

Re: Fibocom L850-GL on T480 - "Windows has stopped this device..."

Microsoft pushed out win 1803 updates this week.

Lenovo shows new drivers for your device this week.

1803 july 25.PNGfibocom.PNG

I would try the support page driver, with readme stating fix firmware update failure issue.

nevetssf
Punch Card
Views: 2,378
Message 3 of 11

Thanks. Unfortunately, the problem persists but in a slightly different way - when waking up from sleep, the Fibocom L850-GL now disappears from the Device Manager. I've tried un-installing and re-installing it, but to no avail.

I'll contact Lenovo. 

Thanks!

Twang1337
Serial Port
Views: 2,360
Message 4 of 11

What was the outcome from lenovo? Have a look at X1 forums. Buckets of problems with Fibocom L850-GL.

no servicer error/vanishing/insert sim error

nevetssf
Punch Card
Views: 2,353
Message 5 of 11

No answer from Lenovo yet, I just submitted a warranty service request this morning.
nevetssf
Punch Card
Views: 2,321
Message 6 of 11

I finally called Lenovo after not hearing from them for 2 days (rebooting the machine every time I want to use LTE is driving me crazy). The short version is that they've been no help so far, and I'm supposed to get a call from a service technician. 

The hardware department did transfer me to the software department, which refused to speak to me until I paid them an additional fee to fix "the configuration", which I told them was outrageous and declined to do. 

I think their engineering team needs to fix it and I have no idea how to contact them. From past experience with other LTE modems on Lenovo systems, they'll release a series of patches until finally the issue gets fixed. Still, I am surprised how unhelpful their service has been so far. Not a great experience so far. 

jfranche825
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,997
Message 7 of 11

Almost three months later? Has updated drivers helped or did Lenovo support get back to you?

nevetssf
Punch Card
Views: 1,990
Message 8 of 11

Actually, yes. Lenovo issued a series of patches and now the modem works very well. It connects quickly and wakes from sleep without any issues.

Now I just have occasional screen flicker to deal with :-) 

nevetssf
Punch Card
Views: 1,557
Message 9 of 11

Perhaps I concluded too quickly that everything is working.

The card does connect to LTE reliably now, even after waking from sleep, but I'm getting BSOD's every few days, PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA, What Failed: NetAdapterCx.sys

This seems to be LTE-related. I saw in another thread that others are having similar problems.
luisito102983
Paper Tape
Views: 573
Message 10 of 11

First off,Excuse my computer ingnorance., Im having the same problems with the lte drivers not showing on the divice manager after upgrading to windows version 1903... How and where did you get those patches.... Thanks in advance.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors