cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
paulgj1
Fanfold Paper
Views: 424
Message 1 of 3

Finding info on non standard TYPE code ThinkPad models (not in PSREF)

Hello,

I am often on eBay looking at ThinkPads and have the handy PSREF PDF document (Product Specifi cations Reference
Lenovo® ThinkPad® Notebooks 2005 to 2013 - withdrawn)  next to me to decipher the TYPE codes on the laptops listed for sale (if they show it).   Sometimes I come across machines that have the normal TYPE code designation but the code combination is not listed in the PSREF document (not including CTO types) for example 7417-TPF.

Is there anyplace else I can find the specs for these laptops? 

Thanks!

Paul

SeniorGuru
Views: 414
Message 2 of 3

Re: Finding info on non standard TYPE code ThinkPad models (not in PSREF)

Sometimes these are models sold overseas (relative to North America Smiley Wink). 

Note the radio buttons on the PREF site: "PSREF Book Download [x] US [ ] WE". You might try WE, which I believe is for Western Europe.

Failing that there's always Google. In the case of your example, Family 7417+01 TopSeller ThinkPad T400 yields:

Model Abstract 7417-TPF The Lenovo 7417 ThinkPad T400 Model TPF has an Intel Core 2 Duo processor P8400, 14.1-inch WXGA TFT display, Fingerprint Reader, Intel GM45 Express Chipset, Intel Integrated Graphics 4500MHD, 160GB / 5400 rpm HDD, DVD Recordable, 2 GB (1 GB x 2) memory, ExpressCard + PC Card slot, Intel WiFi Link 5100 AGN (1x2), 6-cell battery, Microsoft Windows Vista Business Downgrade to XP Professional, and Canadian French language support.

Another result from Google: Lenovo ThinkPad T400 7417TPF 14.1" LCD 16:10 Notebook - 1280 x 800 - Intel Core 2 Duo P8400 Dual-cor...

Note as always, especially with older ThinkPads that have been serviced and/or upgraded, the MTM number on the sticker may not correspond with what's actually inside.

Community SeniorMod
Views: 365
Message 3 of 3

Re: Finding info on non standard TYPE code ThinkPad models (not in PSREF)

Another option that can sometime help is the search box @ the SUPPORT page (above).   Enter the MT-M.

In this case 7417-TPF doesn't produce much of use - just "T400" - but in some cases there will be a macine info drop down with details.

Z.

The large print: please read the Community Participation Rules before posting. Include as much information as possible: model, machine type, operating system, and a descriptive subject line. Do not include personal information: serial number, telephone number, email address, etc.

The fine print: I do not work for, nor do I speak for Lenovo. Unsolicited private messages will be ignored - questions and answers belong in the forum so that others may contribute and benefit. ... GeezBlog

Communities:   English    Deutsch    Español    Português    Русскоязычное    Česká    Slovenská    Українська   Polski    Türkçe    Moto English

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors