Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
funnyfarm299
Fanfold Paper
Views: 7,299
Message 31 of 102

Re: Fingerprint Reader not working upon waking from sleep for windows login

I also do not have anything attached to USB.

niko_array
Fanfold Paper
Views: 7,282
Message 32 of 102

I have the same problem with FP not waking up from sleep mode, and it occurs in the same way as other users. I have a T440.
jlfarines
Paper Tape
Views: 7,227
Message 33 of 102

Actually I get this problem of suddenly having no more functioning fingerprint reader in windows 8.1 (on a X1 Carbon 2014). Even if I reboot it does not come back. But I could remark that problem occured each time I have connected my Drobo or LaCie rugged disks on USB3 port. Only way to "reactivate" Finger print reader is to Disable+Enable "Synaptics FP Sensors (WBF) (PID=0017)" driver in Device Manager!
sailoholic
Fanfold Paper
Views: 7,197
Message 34 of 102

someotherguy,

Not to be rude, but I would really like to see some resolution of this issue. Lenovo Technical Support offers only to exchange the device. This is my 2nd replacement device, and the issue is still present, so obviously this is a device wide issue and not specific to any particular issue. This is supposed to be the top of the line business computer available, and something as simple as the fingerprint reader does not work correctly. 

Also, let's clean this thread up a little

Myself, funnyfarm299, and niko_array appear to have the exact same issue. 

No USB connected, erratic behavior with fingerprint reader functionality upon waking from sleep. 

Jifarines has a unique issue in that his fingerprint reader only experiences disfunction when a USB rugged disk is connected on USB3 port on wake. 

Also, there are TWO drivers available. The Vailidty driver installed with the Lenovo Fingerprint Reader software, and a Synaptics FP Sensor driver that Windows Update offers as an update. 

Someotherguy,

This issue NEEDS to be elevated. You are a Lenovo employee, correct? Can you escalate this issue so that it receives more attention? If this issue does not resolve you will have a fair number of unhappy customers. Search the internet, more and more people are talking about this issue. If this issue continues, our business will be moving are Lenovo contracts elsewhere. 

niko_array
Fanfold Paper
Views: 7,160
Message 35 of 102

If I close the lcd panel, wait for the led blink, and then reopen it (exiting from sleep), the fingerprint works as usual. If I wait for some minutes (don't know exactly how many, I usually noticed it after a few hours) the fingerprint just blink green as soon as i re-open the panel, and then does nothing at all. If I enter my password and then lock the computer, it works smooth as usual, so it seems a problem of some sort of "deep sleep" in the components. Power saving for the device is turned off.

This issue is really annoying.
jlfarines
Paper Tape
Views: 7,120
Message 36 of 102

OK, fingerprint just went offline (red message). I could check this by lauchning FingerPrint Manager Pro app. I did not connect a drive this time. Now, I know that if I disable and re-enable the driver, without rebooting, the finger print device will be seen by fingerprint manager pro. Something is really wrong with this driver !

PS. by the way "Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power" in device Power management tab is off.

Capture.PNG

FBL
Paper Tape
Views: 7,083
Message 37 of 102

Re: Fingerprint Reader not working

The fingerprint reader on my t440s has stopped working entirely, it is not presented at boot or login anymore. I tried to reinstall the driver and fingerprint manager pro. Before this, it worked entirely for a while, then it failed at boot but would work for user login, now it fails completely (stopped working completely after reinstalling fingerprint manager pro). I have reset the fingerprint data in bios and enabled/ disabled the device to no avail.

What I see is this:

Fingerprint manager pro device not connected.jpg

In device manager, despite the fact that when I try to update the driver, it tell me the best driver is installed, I see:

Device mgr fingerprint sensor not working.jpg

I'd like a resolution. This is yet another in an apparently unending issues with this machine.

Lenovo Staff
Lenovo Staff
Views: 7,057
Message 38 of 102

@sailoholic wrote:

Myself, funnyfarm299, and niko_array appear to have the exact same issue. 

No USB connected, erratic behavior with fingerprint reader functionality upon waking from sleep.  

Sorry for such slow progress on this issue.  We finally found a way to reproduce this issue somewhat reliably and we are working with the vendor, Synaptics (formerly Validity) on fixing it.

I know you're angry with Lenovo about this issue (and rightfully so) but this is our vendor's problem and a lot of it is out of my control.  I'm in regular contact with the vendor about this issue and trying to get a fix for you guys soon.

dedvardsson
Paper Tape
Views: 7,033
Message 39 of 102

Hi!

I have almost the same issue, im setting upp a image to deploy with mdt for Thinkpad X240 & T440s.

But  i can not get the fingerprint reader to work.

Finally i went back to just deploy OS, and afterwards run system update to get the drivers straight from lenovo but still no luck.

Windows device manager tells me that the device is working properly, but when im trying to enroll fingerprints with fingerprint manager pro nothing happens. The indicator light in the sensor never lights up and nothing happens when im swiping the finger.  (see image).

I have talked to the support but they could not help me and they did not now who else i could take to either.

i have also logged the events from the fingerprint reader, but there is no "errors" reported.

This is the windows log events:

The Windows Biometric Service successfully created a Biometric Unit for sensor: Synaptics FP Sensors (WBF) (PID=0017) (USB\VID_138A&PID_0017\4F1C8152D36A)

The sensor's mode is "Basic," and its pool-type is "System."

See the "Details" pane for additional information about the sensor's new configuration.

The Windows Biometric Service completed a vendor-specific operation for sensor: Synaptics FP Sensors (WBF) (PID=0017) (USB\VID_138A&PID_0017\4F1C8152D36A).

The command was directed to the biometric unit's "Engine Adapter" component.

The Windows Biometric Service completed a vendor-specific operation for sensor: Synaptics FP Sensors (WBF) (PID=0017) (USB\VID_138A&PID_0017\4F1C8152D36A).

The command was directed to the biometric unit's "Sensor Adapter" component.

The command was directed to the biometric unit's "Sensor Adapter" component.

Image from fingerprint manager pro

Capture.JPG

davidpotter
Paper Tape
Views: 7,015
Message 40 of 102

That is the issue I am interested.

I too am experiencing this issue. The FPR will often not come online when resuming from sleep mode, and I will have to re-enter sleeo mode another time or two for it to work.

Well come to visit Best Tablet Android Have Price Under $200
and Best tablet of Apple in 2014 with us
and Tech new online best phone from amazon.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors