Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dawike
Paper Tape
Views: 2,351
Message 41 of 102

Re: Fingerprint Reader not working upon waking from sleep for windows login

Well, you can add me to the list as well.  I have a brand new ThinkPad T440p.  Running Windows 7 64 bit.  U use the fingerprint reader only for Windows login...so far.  It seems to me that the fingerprint reader is just deactivated when in sleep mode, no green light at all.  I love this machine and the fingerprint reader is one of the main reasons I chose it.  I've read this entire thread and see that progress is being made with the vendor.  I eagerly await resolution for this issue.

Dave

sailoholic
Fanfold Paper
Views: 2,303
Message 42 of 102

Someotherguy,

Can you please provide a status update on this issue.

Safihre
Paper Tape
Views: 2,192
Message 43 of 102

I just ran Lenovo Update and got an update for the Fingerprint software!

I cannot confirm it fixes the problem of this topic, since I only have it every so often.

But it does fix the problem that the fingerprint reader never ever works on the first try (not red light, it would just go from green to black and then green again)!

Now it works within 1 sec from standby and recongnizes on first swipe! Super fast!

sailoholic
Fanfold Paper
Views: 2,160
Message 44 of 102

Someotherguy,

Recent fingerprint software update did NOT fix the issue. 

I am very frusterated with this issue. The Lenovo support center has been unhelpful and I have seen very little response in this thread. What is the exact status of this issue, and what is the ETA for a potential fix? If no fix is offered within a reasonable timeframe, I will seek action against Lenovo for not providing advertised and contractually agreed upon services. Please respond.

dawike
Paper Tape
Views: 2,106
Message 45 of 102

I updated the Fingerprint Manager Pro drivers last week and (so far) it seems to have resolved the issue I was having.  THANK YOU!

sailoholic
Fanfold Paper
Views: 2,078
Message 46 of 102

Someotherguy,

Issue still not fixed. Please advise.

Lenovo Staff
Lenovo Staff
Views: 2,058
Message 47 of 102

I know this issue is still not fixed.  The vendor (Synaptics) is still working on this issue.

Valvguy
Paper Tape
Views: 2,005
Message 48 of 102

Now that you care, but..............

I'm having the same issu - catch is - I was asked to purchase 15computers for our office.  I bought 3 t540p and the problems were so bad with this and wifi in general that I refused to unbox the 3rd t540p.

I called Customer Support and, of course, they had never heard of this issue.  Just put my password in.....   they don't have passowrds - they've never had passwords - because they have fingerprint readers.  Then, inexplicably, as I was tlking with Customer Service and constantly rebooting - the Fingerprint Reader came up and I was in.  This was immediately following Customer Service telling me - we'd have to reimage the hard drive.

So, now I'm in - tell me how to set a password - as a backup.  Silence - 5 minutes later - we don't have any documentation to tell you how to do that. Huh?  You must be kidding me?  Let me speak to a Supervisor.  Silence - 5 minutes later again..........  this was Customer Services Respose:  I'm sorry a Supervisor will not be available to help you - Passwords are out of their Scope.

So here's what we did - we sent the last T540P back to Lenovo for a refund.  I ordered 13 Dells instead  - which have arrived and are spectacular.

My boss has told me - you've got a week to get the Lenovos working or I want you to sell them on Ebay and go order Dells.

So, Lenovo lost out on about a 20K sale because your Customer Service is terrible and these problems with the T540P which have been going on for about 18 months now.  I don't know how you stay in business.

Valvguy
Paper Tape
Views: 1,999
Message 49 of 102

So as a followup........   I just tried the steps I saw online   F1   Security  Password as I recall   Guess what........  When I used  F1 the computer rebooted and came up with......   wait fot it........  No Fingerprint Option.  I rebooted - nothing.  I put it to sleep - nothing.  I set it to Hibernate - walla, it comes back up with a Fingerprint Reader.  

So, what the heck are we supposed to do?  We have machines that intermittantly and inexplicably "brick" since we don't have a Fingerprint Option.  Customer Service doesn't know what to do.  I'm now deathly afraid to sleep my computer.

We need Lenovo to pubilsh at the very least - a sequence that can be used to add a password to a machine that never had a password as a backup to the FP Reader.  Please put that on here AND teach Customer Service how to teach peolple to do the same thing.  This is really just unbelievable - nail in the coffin kinda stuff.

dannybuoy
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,978
Message 50 of 102

I had this exact same problem with my T440s too, but since reinstalling with a clean copy of 8.1 Pro and configuring the BIOS to require fingerprint at boot, the problem has gone away! I am using '30 day standby' but with the Intel Rapid Start utility installed to control it, not sure if this makes a difference.

In the device manager, I right-click on the fingerprint scanner and under power management there is an option to 'Allow the computer ot turn of this device to save power', which I have enabled by default. Since it's hooked up via USB, try adjusting the 'USB selective suspend' setting in the power options (which I also have enabled by default), using the standard 'Balanced' power plan rather than the Lenovo modified one.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors