Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Valvguy
Paper Tape
Views: 2,019
Message 51 of 102

Re: Fingerprint Reader not working upon waking from sleep for windows login

I tried the Power Mgmt thing.  We're on Windows Professional 7.  I didn't want the problems folks are having with 8 or 8.1  

niko_array
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,995
Message 52 of 102

Don't know if it's just a coincidence, but I noticed the problem comes more often when I have my laptop on docking station, put it to sleep and undock it to take it home. The morning after, when I re-dock it and open the lcd, the fingerprint usually does not work.

Apologies for my english are included.
SomeLuckyCharms
Paper Tape
Views: 1,930
Message 53 of 102

I received a Synaptics driver update for the fingerprint sensor today through Windows Update on my T540p. Perhaps this will finally resolve the issues with the fingerprint sensor; however, details on the update are not yet available.

niko_array
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,868
Message 54 of 102

Driver update did NOT resolve the issue on my T440.
sailoholic
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,815
Message 55 of 102

Someotherguy,

Please update on the status of this issue. This problem has been ongoing for several months and no progress has been made from my point of view. This is absolutely ridiculous that the fingerprint reader does not work on a brand new, top-of-the-line Thinkpad product. 

Thank you.

Lenovo Staff
Lenovo Staff
Views: 1,772
Message 56 of 102

The current status is that our vendor (Synaptics) has found several problems which could cause this symptom.  They are currently testing the fix.

Valvguy
Paper Tape
Views: 1,761
Message 57 of 102

At the very least..........   we need to know HOW TO ADD A PASSWORD as a backup.  I have been completely unsuccessful in getting Technical Customer Service to tell me how.  Their response has been - Password?  We can't help you wiht Password?  That's our of our scope?!?!?!

Lenovo Staff
Lenovo Staff
Views: 1,741
Message 58 of 102

Synaptics finally has a trial driver that should fix the problem where fingerprint doesn't work after resume from sleep.

We are looking for volunteers to install the trial driver and help us confirm whether the problem is really solved or not.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/62276273/fingerprint/4.5.268%20-%20test/WBFDDKSetup_CMN_5011.exe

1.  Download the EXE from the above link

2.  Double-click on the EXE and follow the on-screen directions 

3.  A prompt will appear like "Would you like to install this device software?"  Click on "Install".

4.  This will install driver version 4.5.268.0  (you can confirm it in Device Manager)

Valvguy
Paper Tape
Views: 1,734
Message 59 of 102

I'm willing to try but NOT BEFORE I have a backup password and nobody at Lenovoa can tell me how to do that.  If the new driver doesn't work right I'm pretty much BRICKED.  

Come on Lenova - this is just basic common sense.  

Lenovo Staff
Lenovo Staff
Views: 1,731
Message 60 of 102

Valvguy

I suggest that you start a separate thread if you need help setting/changing your Windows password.  This thread about fingerprint has nothing to do with your issue.  The Windows password and the fingerprint are not really related.  You can always use either one (fingerprint or password) to log into your system.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors