Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
griccardi
What's DOS?
Views: 4,158
Message 81 of 102

Re: Fingerprint Reader not working upon waking from sleep for windows login

I continue to have this problem on my X1 carbon 20A70037US. After power down and back up, the sensor works. Sometime later, possibly after several sleep/wake cycles, the sensor does not work.

The software recommended by someotherguy in a previous post did not fix the problem for my X1 carbon.

aramos86
Paper Tape
Views: 4,132
Message 82 of 102

Is this "Trial Driver" still available? I am having this issue as well. T540p Windows 8.1 Enterprise Fully Updated.

evarring
Paper Tape
Views: 4,109
Message 83 of 102

I have fingerprint reader issues on my X1 Carbon 20A7 also, FP reader dies when the computer goes to deep sleep. I disabled the 30-day standby and i am hoping for the best now ..

Rahulslal
What's DOS?
Views: 3,627
Message 84 of 102

HelloTeam,

I have same problems  with below drivers.

DDP UMDF Driver
Lenovo Settigns
Lenovo Settings Camera Audio
Lenovo Settings Power
Synaptics FP Sensors (WBF) (PID=0017)

Uninstalled and reninstalled drivers, Updated all System drivers and BIOS with Lenovo System Update, Still not resolved. I would say the Lenovo T440p and W540 Laptop are worst models which has so many driver problems like this. One problem got fix other one starts.....

The design of the touch pad is also not good. I have used Lenovo W510 one of the robust models work like Destop Worstation and operates like a Charm ..

But the newest models T440p and W540 are not up to the mark........

Regards

Rahul

sdu
Fanfold Paper
Views: 3,454
Message 85 of 102

Hi,

Same problem here on a w550s

The synaptics device disapear from the device manager after a standby.

Reset the notebook reactive the fingerprint.

Does someone have a solution ?

Thx

Stephane

mi7chy
Paper Tape
Views: 3,335
Message 86 of 102

I have this problem on a Thinkpad x61s running Windows 8.1 Pro 32-bit.  Can't log in with fingerprint after resuming from sleep.

Fortunately, there seems to be a fix using an updated driver.  If your device manager shows your fingerprint sensor as Authentec Touchchip you can try version 1.6.2.0352 (non-working version is 1.6.1.x) which seems to be working so far resuming from sleep.  Go to magicdriver dot com, search for touchchip, select either of the two WBF advanced mode options (they're both the same download) and get the appropriate 32-bit or 64-bit driver for your OS.  You'll need Winrar utility to extract the content of the archive.

Mindzeye
What's DOS?
Views: 2,471
Message 87 of 102

I am having exactly this problem with a new Lenovo P50 running Windows 10. The fingerprint reader works on bootup and after screen-lock via Windows-L but does not work upon returning from sleep. The trial-solution no longer appears to be a valid link. Is there a fix for these new computers? Thanks!

wolf3d
Paper Tape
Views: 2,396
Message 88 of 102

Is there an official release for a driver update for this, or should I be installing this trail driver to fix the fingerprint reader failure on resume issue?
danigus
Paper Tape
Views: 2,251
Message 89 of 102

I also have this problem with my P50 and windows 10.

I always have to log in using my password when i wake the computer up. Once i am logged in and i lock the computer, i can use the fingerprint reader to log in again.

iSeriesguy
What's DOS?
Views: 2,231
Message 90 of 102

I have a P70 Thinkpad I just purchased in March 2016. The only thing I have found wrong with it so far is the fingerprint readers light is not *ON and of course will not read after sleeping. I'm of course running Windows 10 which I was going to downgrade to win 7 but decided to get with the program and learn Win 10. I was hoping to find someone solved the problem. I appears this problem goes back a long way and not just in Win 10. I'll try some of the suggestions and see what happens. It's not the biggest problem in the world for me so my time will be limited working with it.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors