05-01-2018 06:06 AM
I have a ThinkPad T460s and recently the fingerprint sensor stopped working. It would not light up at the log in screen. I removed the saved fingerprint and tried to re-add it but after it I put in my pin, it does not prompt me to input my fingerprint. It the cursor just spins.
At that point I reinstalled the drivers and ran the latest windows updates. Still the same issue in addition to another. Now I also have the option to remove a fingerprint, when I click remove, it does nothing. I have updated every system driver as well as BIOS. I have removed fingerprint data from the BIOS. I have tried enabeling and disabling Windows hello from Group Policy.
I tested it on a seperate user account and it is working on that account.
Any help would be appriciated, I can provide further detail if needed.
05-01-2018 09:00 AM
1. reboot and press F1 to enter BIOS setup
2. Go to security -> fingerprint menu
3. choose the option about "reset fingerprint data"
4. wait for the confirmation screen to appear
5. press F10 to save & exit, reboot to Windows
6. try to enroll again, is it working now?
05-01-2018 09:27 AM
Sorry, I missed that in your original post. Try the solution mentioned here and see if it fixes your situation: