Did you mean: 
Highlighted
MacX
Token Ring
Views: 274
Message 1 of 1

Fingerprint reader dead - repair center doing a disappointing job on my T460

Hello community

I would like to share my experience I had with the after-market services of Lenovo delivered by Teleplan..

The fingerprint reader on my new T460 stopped working.  It was determined by Lenovo support that the planar (mainboard) had to be replaced.  The repair took some time because the spare planar was not on stock.  When I got back my T460 the problem with the fingerprint reader was fixed - but the repair center apparently did not check their assembly work. The keyboard was not mounted properly - the bottom right part of the keyboard was not in place.  See attached photo.  The bent up corner of the keyboard is actually touching the display. I wonder why quality control did not notice the bent up keyboard.  Human errors happen of course.  So I had to return my T460 to the repair center.  I am lucky that I still have my T420 -in the past weeks I was able  to do my work on it. 
So I opened a new e-ticket - using MTSA -  for the  keyboard repair request.  There was no response for 4 days after creation of the e-ticket other than a plain confirmation that a ticket number was created   - I had to call the 0800 phone number and request the status of my ticket.  Only after this phone call the process of issuing a return label for UPS pick up was started.   I sent off my T460 today and I hope I will get back a fully repaired T460 soon.

model_20FM__bent_keyboard.pngkeyboard worked on by repair center

Holiday Deals
HAPPENING NOW!

Get the best deals on PCs and tech now during the Holiday Sale
Shop the sale

Top Kudoed Authors