Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Lenovo Staff
Lenovo Staff
Views: 3,519
Message 11 of 14

Re: Fingerprint reader not working

You're having a hardware problem.  Either the fingerprint sensor is dead, or else a cable is disconnected/loose.  It's definitely not a software or misconfiguration problem.  My advice is to request warranty service by calling the support phone number in your country.

hanckmann
Blue Screen Again
Views: 3,509
Message 12 of 14

Re: Fingerprint reader not working

I figured to have a look under the keyboard to check the cable. Therefore I moved the keyboard-plate and unscrewed the screws, and remove the keyboard. After this I noticed that I could not reach the fingerprint reader this way.

However, After this small excersise... the fingerprint reader started working. Don't ask me how... but now it seems to work. It is detected by the BIOS as well as working under Linux (ArchLinux).

Thank you for your response!

Patrick

indianthinkpad
What's DOS?
Views: 2,922
Message 13 of 14

Fingerprint reader not working

Hello

I recently bought T450s i7 with fingerprint reader. I have added my fingerprint in the sign-up options.

But it does not read and shows the error - Fingerprint not found in database.

Everytime I Shutdown and try to sign in, the saved fingerprint is erased off.

Please let me know how to correct this issue.

LIFTARTS
Paper Tape
Views: 2,669
Message 14 of 14

Re: fingerprint scanner is not working in LENOVO X240 after recovery of windows 10

HI GUYS,

AFTER UPGRADING MY LENOVO THINKPAD X240 TO WINDOWS 10 PRO FROM WINDOWS 8.1 FINGERPRINT SCANNER WAS WORKING FINE, BUT WHEN I RESET WINDOWS 10 FROM RECOVERY OPTION DUE TO SLOW SPEED FINGERPRINT SCANNER IS NOT WORKING EVENAFTER I HAVE INSTALLED FINGERPRINT SCANNER SOFTWARE AND ALSO DRIVER IS UPDATED

I AM NOT ABLE TO FIND WINDOWS HELLO TOO THERE ARE ONLY OPTION FOR PASSWORD PIN AND PHOTO

CAN ANYONE SUGGEST THE SOLUTION?

@hanckmann wrote:

The laptop I ordered is the following:

Product sku: 20AQCTO1WW
Productnaam: ThinkPad T440s

I added the fingerprint reader to the available options. This week I wanted to start using it,  however I am unable to do so. It does not show up in my device listing (lsusb).

I tried to enable the device in the BIOS and reset it and here I came across the following problem:

"No fingerprint reader is attached" (continue)

It seems to provide a good reason for not finding the device using lsusb. So what is wrong with my laptop? What else can I try?

Please note that I am working on Linux and have no Win8 installed at this moment.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors