Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cebz
Paper Tape
Views: 1,340
Message 1 of 2

Fn/Ctrl keys acting weird

Hello.

I own a T440s and used it with Fn and Ctrl keys swapped on bios. Worked fine. The technician came today and changed the motherboard. I went to the bios and ENABLED it again (swapping).

Now its weird:

Fn key acts as Ctrl = OK

Fn key also acts as Fn = ??? 

Ctrl key do not act as FN key = ?? (used to act as Fn before). neither does it act as Ctrl 

Ctrl key only acts as FN key if I press ctrl + Esc (FnLk) and leave it on = ??? (then the Fn key stops acting as Fn key)

In another words, it only works as expected if i leave the FnLk lock on (and its light, which i wont do it).

Before the technician changed the MB it was working as expected. I didnt ask the guy becouse he told me he was a hardware only technician...

Its really annoying, this... Please help!

Thanks

cebz
Paper Tape
Views: 1,329
Message 2 of 2

Re: Fn/Ctrl keys acting weird

update:

wow, i just installed Hotkey Feature integrations, and i dont know if it has anything to do with that, but i just realized when i press any of the F keys, it will make the function itself, not the F key... Like, i just press F5, and the brightness will go down. I press F1 and mute.... Like, i dont want the Functions....... Im not pressing anything else, just the F keys, no Ctrl or Fn keys with it....

this is becoming a big mess now, and i dont know how to uninstall this integration

And we're back...

Move delayed but still coming

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors