Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
liorben
Paper Tape
Views: 346
Message 1 of 7

Frustrating Service T410

I have a Lenovo T410 that lately started shutting down randomaly.

Since this laptop is my work laptop, which I use from my home office, it is a vital communications tool, and I depend on it for conference calls, webinars, emails and more. Hence, When I purchased this computer in 2010, I also purchased a 3-year next day on-site support plan.

In the last two weeks I had three technician visit, where he probably replaced almost every part of my laptop but yesterday he finally told me that he gave up and doesn't know how to solve the problem. The problem is very easily reproducable. I just need to schedule a memory test (from Windows 7) and if the computer is plugged with the power supply, it constantly shuts-down during the memory test. By the way, since yesterday, after the last tech visit, the computer doesn't even start anymore (he probably did something wrong).

So, after two weeks of being patient, allowing the technician to try everything, I'm stuck since yesterday with no laptop to use (Even temporarily), no access to my files, and no one from Lenovo can tell me what is the ETA for resolution.

I know the technician has escalated the case, but I was told I need to wait from Thursday noon until Monday to get a call back, which is unacceptable, especially after two weeks of waiting.

I called the customer support line twice but other than speaking to the supervisor, and hearing that he can't do anything to help me and I should just keep on waiting for a call back.

I am never going to buy a Lenovo again, if this is the way they take care of customers. I will also make sure my colleagues and friends hear about my experience and will never refer anyone to Lenovo again. I used to have a Dell laptop in the past and apparently made a big mistake trying Lenovo.

Unless I hear back from Lenovo today, I'm going to buy a new laptop for work and sue Lenovo for the loss of working days and the lack of service I recieved, as a paying Service agreement customer.

liorben
Paper Tape
Views: 345
Message 2 of 7

Re: Frustrating Service T410

My case number is 40KPVPC, in case somone from Lenovo is reading this and trying to help.

Former Administrator
Views: 326
Message 3 of 7

liorben,

I can appreciate why this is frustrating, especially after several calls and efforts to repair that seem like things are now worse that before.   At this point, we can definitely escalate the case as a formal complaint which will provide you with additional advocacy and some alternatives for resolution.

I'm going to send you an email and will need some additional information to set this up.

Thanks for letting us know things have gone off track

Mark

liorben
Paper Tape
Views: 292
Message 4 of 7

Thanks Mark.

I replied to your email. Please let me know in case you didn't recieve it.

Lior

Former Administrator
Views: 257
Message 5 of 7

Lior,

Yes, I recevied your email - thank you for your prompt and detailed reply.

I have opened a formal complaint on your behalf - case number in the reply email today.

Help should be on the way.

Apologies again.

Best regards,

Mark

liorben
Paper Tape
Views: 219
Message 6 of 7

Hi Mark,

Everything is still on hold and my frustration level is growing. Tomorrow is 3 weeks from the day I opened the call.
Customer Relations called me on Monday afternoon, and said that they will consider sending me a new machine but they need to approve it.
The Lady who spoke to me promised to call me back on Tuesday morning but until now she didn't. She didn't leave me a number to call back.
How can I follow up on this complaint case? Who can I call?
By the way, the best case scenario (sending a new machine) will take at least another two weeks. This will probably be 5-6 weeks from the day I opened the call.
It's unbelievable.
Please let me know what else can be done.
Thanks,
Lior
Former Administrator
Views: 207
Message 7 of 7

Lior,

I understand - I've checked in with the CR team and believe things are moving along.  Hopefully they can update you shortly.

Mark

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors