cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tribedude
Fanfold Paper
Views: 406
Message 1 of 3

Getting my T410i to work with DJ software - please help me resolve latency problems.

I want my Thinkpad to be stable enough to run DJ software (Native Instruments traktor). My thinkpad has 8 gb of ram and a 256 gig Samsung SSD.

I followed all the tips I could find by doing a fresh install of Windows 7 SP1 and patched it up to date. I disabled every process suggested by the DJs who use PCs and also followed the recommendations on the Native Instruments site.

Basically, there is nothing on this system now except for the operating system and Latency Mon. When I test it with that, I get the following error message. (attached pic). Shouldn't this machine be robust enough to run DJ software?

What can I do to stabilize my system?

How can I disable 'CPU throttling" as Latency Mon suggests?

latency mon 2.PNGtaskman.PNG

Guru
Views: 344
Message 2 of 3

Re: Getting my T410i to work with DJ software - please help me resolve latency problems.

Use Throttlestop to disable C-states. See if that helps.

You can also try running this in command prompt as administrator:
reg add HKLM\System\CurrentControlSet\Control\Processor /v Capabilities /t REG_DWORD /d 0x0007e666

Warm regards,
Jonas Hendrickx

Lenovo Insider - Windows Insider MVP

Personal website: ThinkScopes

tribedude
Fanfold Paper
Views: 317
Message 3 of 3

Re: Getting my T410i to work with DJ software - please help me resolve latency problems.

I get "system cannot find the part specified when I key in HKLM\System\CurrentControlSet\Control\Processor /v Capabilities /t REG_DWORD /d 0x0007e666 as administrator at the command prompt

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors