Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
TrusterP
Fanfold Paper
Views: 482
Message 1 of 1

HARD DRIVE PASSWORD LOCK Algorithm on T530

Good Morning,

I have a T530 since 4 years and I'm changing it for a T460p (I am glad with this model of this compluter).

My T530 has seen HDD Storage SAMSUNG 840 PRO 512 GB and I have now a SAMSUNG 850 1TB inside.

I've already lock my HDD (in BIOS) during these 4 years with the same password (I'm sure).

But yesterday, when I wanted to revert to 512GB configuration with my T530, HDD stay locked (password is wrong).

I'm SURE the password used since the beginning is correct (Bios, Boot and SSD are the same). SSD 512 Gb had never been installed in another computer.

The only assertion I have is a modification of password encryption with BIOS (I did 2 Upgrade I think).

Does this assertion possible ?

How can I revert to 2.65 or 2.64 Bios in order to test ?

-> I attempt to unlock my drive with another computer (SSD is working well but declare to be "password protected"), and password is encrypted by LENOVO and can't be provided "as is" to hdparm program. Password is a "Master Password", so impossible also to unlock it even with erase (I don't want to keep data on it)

Many thanks for you ideas because this SSD works perfectly and cost is 250 € (~300 $)

Holiday Deals
HAPPENING NOW!

Get the best deals on PCs and tech now during the Holiday Sale
Shop the sale

Top Kudoed Authors