cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
paulgj
Token Ring
Views: 313
Message 1 of 7

Has anyone had the 2100: detection error on the mSATA port?

I have a T420 and tried a Crucial M500 but kept getting the 2100 detection error.   I'm wondering if the mSATA version would be OK or if this problem is present on both the main SATA bay as well as the mSATA connection?

Has anyone had this error when booting an SSD from the mSATA port?

Thanks! 

T400 6475-8Q5 | 8GB RAM | WXGA+ | Seagate 500GB 7200 | Win 7 Pro 64-bit............T61 7658-CTR | 8GB RAM | WD Black 320GB
Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 300
Message 2 of 7

Re: Has anyone had the 2100: detection error on the mSATA port?

I run a Crucial m4 mSATA 256GB in my T420.

As I mentioned in your other thread, I saw the error once or twice - IIRC on the very first power-up and again after a firmware update.  Once the SSD finished its internal housekeeping, it never happened again.

Z.

The large print: please read the Community Participation Rules before posting. Include as much information as possible: model, machine type, operating system, and a descriptive subject line. Do not include personal information: serial number, telephone number, email address, etc.

The fine print: I do not work for, nor do I speak for Lenovo. Unsolicited private messages will be ignored - questions and answers belong in the forum so that others may contribute and benefit. ... GeezBlog

Communities:   English    Deutsche    Español    Português    Русскоязычное    Česká    Slovenská    Українська   Moto English

paulgj
Token Ring
Views: 295
Message 3 of 7

Thanks.  I'm wondering if it is as widespread as the error when in the main bay.  Thinking of the differences between the two SATA interfaces for the chipset.

T400 6475-8Q5 | 8GB RAM | WXGA+ | Seagate 500GB 7200 | Win 7 Pro 64-bit............T61 7658-CTR | 8GB RAM | WD Black 320GB
Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 293
Message 4 of 7

That's a good point (the different SATA ports).  Sorry I didn't clarify in the other thread that I'm running an mSATA part.  It's also a different version - m4 vs m500.

I'm only a test case of 1, but I can report that the mSATA m4 works perfectly for me.  Makes for a very nice setup too.  I kept the 500GB HDD as a data drive and have it set to spin down when idle.  Makes for a quick, quiet machine.

Z.

The large print: please read the Community Participation Rules before posting. Include as much information as possible: model, machine type, operating system, and a descriptive subject line. Do not include personal information: serial number, telephone number, email address, etc.

The fine print: I do not work for, nor do I speak for Lenovo. Unsolicited private messages will be ignored - questions and answers belong in the forum so that others may contribute and benefit. ... GeezBlog

Communities:   English    Deutsche    Español    Português    Русскоязычное    Česká    Slovenská    Українська   Moto English

paulgj
Token Ring
Views: 284
Message 5 of 7

yes that shounds like a great solution, why waste that mSATA port, then can have storage drive AND an extra bay for the optical drive, additional battery, additional drive.

paulgj
Token Ring
Views: 265
Message 6 of 7

" I kept the 500GB HDD as a data drive and have it set to spin down when idle"

Just curious - how to you specify that the HDD spin down and the SSD stay active all the time.  Doesn't windows power settings apply globally?

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 261
Message 7 of 7

In Win 7 at least it just does what I want.  The HDD spins down but the SSD stays active.  The OS seems to understand which is which.

Z.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors