cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
TimLee
Fanfold Paper
Views: 742
Message 1 of 5

Have I created the recovery disk from recovery partition correctly?

I was creating recovery disk from recovery partition on my Lenovo T400 with Windows 7. 6.5 GB of the recovery partition has been occupied.

But in the process, I created three DVDs. I might remember wrong, but the first two DVDs were called by the wizard as disk 1, and the third one was called disk 2.

The first one has been written 0.22 GB only. Following is the content of the DVD (right click the image and select view the image in a bigger size):

Link to picture

The second one has been written 3.97 GB as follows:

Link to picture

The third one has been written 2.44 GB as follows:

Link to picture

I am allowed only one time to create recovery disk. So I was wondering if I missed something? How is the creation process supposed to be like? Thanks and regards!

Moderator note; picture(s) totalling >50K converted to link(s) Forum Rules

Ideasmiths
802.11n
Views: 693
Message 2 of 5

Re: Have I created the recovery disk from recovery partition correctly?

Looks okay to me.

In the past, after I created a recovery disk set once I have the new laptop.I would use the Roxio software or any similar software to create ISO image of the 3 discs, and store these in a network drive or 2nd harddisk. Then I would reboot and use thinkvantage to factory restore the laptop (takes about <15 minutes now if window 7), this will restore the capability to create recovery disc again, and then I can burn another set of recovery disks.

The reason I have 2 or more sets is because one time I had an issue with my T61 a long time ago and when using the recovery disk discovered that the 2nd disk is bad. From that i learn my lessons and have multiple backup in case the media was scratched, wrap under heat or i accidentally erase/overwrite my DVDRW.

One of the disk out of the 3 is normally the bootup disk which you can use a CDRW disc, the other 2 is quick large in file size and DVD discs are needed.

JonathanGennick
Punch Card
Views: 685
Message 3 of 5

My experience with past models is that the first disk is a boot disk, and is not numbered. Then comes disk 1, and finally disk 2. It's confusing that they are not numbered as 1, 2, and 3. I'll grant that.

TimLee
Fanfold Paper
Views: 682
Message 4 of 5

Thanks!

Sometime in the future, if I restore from the recovery disks, Will the modification to the partitions and the data added to them after the recovery partition was created at factory be gone?

JDay
Broadband 3G
Views: 633
Message 5 of 5

@TimLee wrote:

Thanks!

Sometime in the future, if I restore from the recovery disks, Will the modification to the partitions and the data added to them after the recovery partition was created at factory be gone?

Yes, it will restore the system to factory.

Top Kudoed Authors