cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Mkltkr
What's DOS?
Views: 75
Message 1 of 1

Have a ThinkPad T470 and a ThinkPad 90W Pro Dock; is a three-external-monitor setup possible?

Hey everyone. As the headline says, I have a ThinkPad 90W Pro Dock and a ThinkPad T470 laptop with the following specs:

• i5 CPU
  • 8GB of RAM
  • Windows 10

I'd like to buy three identical monitors - nothing fancy, something between 27" and 32", sub-4k resolution, intended for corporate office use exclusively - and connect them for a cohesive screen experience. Ideally, connect everything via digital connections so there are zero/minimal differences in resolution and image quality on each monitor. Is this possible? First off, can my laptop/dock even run three external monitors? There was some conflicting information online. If it can, am I limited to 1 analog (VGA) and 2 digital (DVI and DisplayPort) outputs as a result of the port options on the dock, or is there some workaround for that? Could I upgrade to the ThinkPad 90W Ultra Dock which has 1 HDMI and 2 DisplayPorts as a possible solution? Would really appreciate anyone's input.

And if anyone has a recommended monitor that would fit my needs, I'd love to hear your suggestion

And we're back...

Move delayed but still coming

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors