cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DERP43
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 1,744
Message 1 of 9

Headphone jack disappeared from Conexant after intalled latest Lenovo driver T500-Win7 X32 SP1

System Thinkpad T500. originally surnished with Vista Professional. HD replaced with Win 7 SP1 image by 3rd party refurbisher. Audio was working and playing through Bluetooth headphone. It was a bit choppy so I checked the Conexant device driver in device manager. It was the 10/02/2009 version and there were 2 Conexant devices listed. I went to Lenovo site (T500 disappered from selection panel a few days ago) and found the driver by searching on T500 and a newer version was available. The Readme indicated that installation over the existing driver was OK so I did not do an uninstall. I did a manual installation. Device manager shows the same driver version and date as before. I extracted the new driver into a dedicated directory and pointed update driver to it. It said I already had that driver installed. There is only one Conexant device listed in device manager and the headphone option disappered from the Conexant control panel. Bluetooth head phone still connects but no sound comes through them and there is no control for them on the Conexant mixer panel. Any ideas to try will be appreciated. I have legal Win 7 but no restore disk. I would revert back to the original drivers if I knew how.

vegan-fanatic
Token Ring
Views: 1,713
Message 2 of 9

Re: Headphone jack disappeared from Conexant after intalled latest Lenovo driver T500-Win7 X32 SP1

I have noticed bluetooth only worked a bit with the original Vista, with 7 and up it disappeared. Not sure what the problem is but one of the cheap USN bluetooth units on ebay will restore functionality with an more updated revision.

I am using Windows 10 on my T500 

I own: T400 T500 X220 X230 all running Windows 10 Professional
DERP43
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 1,701
Message 3 of 9

Re: Headphone jack disappeared from Conexant after intalled latest Lenovo driver T500-Win7 X32 SP1

Not my problem. Bluetooth audio worked excellent before I updated Conexant driver. My question is how to get that functionality back. I would rollback to the original driver if I knew where to get it. Thanks for the reply.

vegan-fanatic
Token Ring
Views: 1,697
Message 4 of 9

unfortunatly Lenovo removed all the T500 downloads from the site recently, they should have left them up as there are still lots of the machnes in use as they all can run windows 10 easily

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 1,695
Message 5 of 9

@vegan-fanatic wrote:

unfortunatly Lenovo removed all the T500 downloads from the site recently, they should have left them up as there are still lots of the machnes in use as they all can run windows 10 easily

Moved, not removed:  https://download.lenovo.com/eol/index.html

Z.

The large print: please read the Community Participation Rules before posting. Include as much information as possible: model, machine type, operating system, and a descriptive subject line. Do not include personal information: serial number, telephone number, email address, etc.

The fine print: I do not work for, nor do I speak for Lenovo. Unsolicited private messages will be ignored - questions and answers belong in the forum so that others may contribute and benefit. ... GeezBlog

Communities:   English    Deutsch    Español    Português    Русскоязычное    Česká    Slovenská    Українська   Polski    Türkçe    Moto English

vegan-fanatic
Token Ring
Views: 1,692
Message 6 of 9

I think it would have been easier to have left it where it was, the T500 platform was on the market for several years, its a rock solid machine and mine has lasted over 7 years now.

DERP43
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 1,683
Message 7 of 9

I thank everyone for replying but evidently no one seems to understand my question. I know that Lenovo removed the T500 from the the drop down list about 10 days ago. I also know that the drivers are still on the site by doing a serch for T500 and filtering by drivers and Windows 7 32 bit. I also know now (20-20 hindsite) that I should have left things alone. My qustion is - does anyone know where I could get the driver versions before the one that is currently one the website. I have used Thinkpads since 1993 385X and the old IBM site always had the back level drivers for rollback. I have been using T500's for the past 6 years and I never had occasion to install an updated driver with XP or enterprise version of Vista. After a stable Win 7 SP 1 system for several months Lenovo updater started flagging this driver. Never trust a driver scanner program. Read the the put bucket and if you don't have the exact problem the update fixes; don't do it. Live and learn.  

DERP43
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 1,682
Message 8 of 9

Sorry about confusion in original post. Bluetooth was only choppy with Opera browser. Turns out this is known problem. It worked great with Fixfox and Chrome. I didn't test with IE but nothing works well with IE. I thought incorrectly that the latest Conexant driver form Lenovo may fix the Opera problem since that is my perferred browser. I just want to get back to where I was before I messed with things. I cand always use Fixfox for iHeart.

Guru
Views: 1,675
Message 9 of 9

I don't think two separate Conexant devices are supposed to show up in Device Manager; possibly in Sound control panel though. If you want independent headphone/speaker outputs in Sound control panel you can go into the Conexant SmartAudio control panel and look for a multi-stream option.

In my experience though, if you want to use this mode and don't use any of the other SmartAudio features you're better off just uninstalling the Conexant drivers entirely.

W520: 2960XM, Q2000M @ 1091/1380, 32GB RAM, 500GB&750GB HDD & 500GB SSD, FHD&MB168B+
X61T: L7500, 4GB RAM, 500GB HDD, XGA screen, Ultrabase
W550s: 5600U, K620M at 1164/1281, 16GB RAM, 512GB SSD, 3K touchscreen
X200s: SL9400, 6GB RAM, 64GB SD card, WXGA+ screen
TPT1: 1839-23U

And we're back...

Move delayed but still coming

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors