cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mrborg
Paper Tape
Views: 963
Message 1 of 2

Headset with microphone not recognize after upgrading Lenovo T450s to Windows 10

After upgrading to Windows 10 from Windows 8.1 my jack stik headset with microphone is no longer recognized by Windows. It used to work in Windows 8.1. I have downloaded and installed  Realtek Audio Driver for Windows 10 (64-bit) - ThinkPad L450, T450, T450s But no difference it still doesn't work. 

And the worst part is that I'm a heavy user of Skype for Business (Lync) but NOW I have to redirect ALL calls to my cellphone - This is NOT Smart and I losses a lot of calls. 

So for now I will advise nobody to upgrade to Windows 10 if they love Lync and still wants to use Lync on the road without others have to listen or with the poor sound from the build in microphone. 

mrborg
Paper Tape
Views: 926
Message 2 of 2

Re: Headset with microphone not recognize after upgrading Lenovo T450s to Windows 10

I have now fixed the problem by my self. 

You have to enable the Multi-stream mode of the device advanced setting in RealTek HD Audio Manager.

Then the external microphone gets visible.

I cannot figure out why this setting is not set by default. Is it only me who thinks it is brilliant to use a common SmartPhone headset for Skype communication also???

This setting would never have been set if I didn't have used the time to investigate.

Fix headset mikrofon windows 10.jpgFix headset mikrofon skype.jpg 

Top Kudoed Authors