GB

1 Signins

29 Page Views

• Views: 29
  • Message 1 of 4

Help! Broken beloved t450s

2018-03-05, 23:52 PM

Hi everyone.

Unfortunately looking for advice for my t450s. 

I had it running last night, transferring items from an SD card onto a network drive. It was plugged into the AC. I just left it to transfer as it was around 20gb and I saw the keyboard flash in the corner of my eye and got a blue screen saying "page fault in non paged area". The computer restarted several times and resulted in the same blue screen and same fault. It tried to go through automatic recovery but that failed with a blue screen and the same fault.

I just left the computer for 10 minutes hoping it would sort itself out, but it didn't, just looping with various blue screen faults (IRQL less or not equal, uxc01000.sys failure - and others I didn't manage to get a photo of) 

I dug out my Lenovo recovery discs, the same fault when booting from CD, after 10 seconds or so "page fault in non paged area". 

So from there I have tried disabling various items in the BIOS such as trackpad and removing all my USB and SD card etc. Not every time I turned it on it had the same fault, sometimes would hang on POST, sometimes on loading windows (10) sometimes fan on full speed and sometimes fan off. And now, when I turn the laptop on nothing happens. The power light comes on, sometimes the fan goes to full speed sometimes it does not but nothing happens after that. No beeps, nothing on the screen - nothing.

I have tried the following:

- removing external, internal and CMOS battery and waiting 30 minutes pressing the power button several times

- removing hardware such as RAM, SSD, Wi-Fi, WWAN, keyboard, touchpad and speakers (one at a time And then attempting to boot)

-Connecting through VGA and MDP HDMI

All of which made no difference  - when I press the power button it lights up and then nothing, sometimes fan full speed sometimes not on at all.

Any suggestions are welcome. I really enjoy this laptop and I have so many accessories for it. Unfortunately I do not have a warranty on it.

It's an Intel i5 (either 5200u or 5300u), 12gb RAM, 256gb SanDisk SSD with A.C. Wi-Fi and WWAN.

Thanks!

Options

10505 Posts

01-02-2010

US

39291 Signins

406387 Page Views

• Views: 406387
  • Message 2 of 4

Re: Help! Broken beloved t450s

2018-03-06, 0:25 AM

Are you still under warranty?  Many T450s machines are

Rich

I do not respond to requests for private, one-on-one help. Your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where they may help others as well.

If a response answers your question, please mark it as the accepted solution.

I am not an employee or agent of Lenovo.
Options

2 Posts

03-05-2018

GB

1 Signins

29 Page Views

• Views: 29
  • Message 3 of 4

2018-03-06, 0:44 AM

Hi Richk 

Thanks for your response but as I mentioned it's unfortunately out of warranty. It expired a few months back  

Thanks 

Options

10505 Posts

01-02-2010

US

39291 Signins

406387 Page Views

• Views: 406387
  • Message 4 of 4

2018-03-06, 1:13 AM

Sorry.  I read it too fast.  You have tried everything I can think of.  Maybe someone else has an idea.

Rich

I do not respond to requests for private, one-on-one help. Your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where they may help others as well.

If a response answers your question, please mark it as the accepted solution.

I am not an employee or agent of Lenovo.
Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save