cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
three2embrace
Paper Tape
Views: 3,949
Message 1 of 2

Help! One year old Thinkpad T460 won't turn on!

Hoping someone can help me with my issue. My Thinkpad T460 that I bought last October (nearly a year now) won't turn on. It randomly shut off on me a few days ago while casually surfing the web. No warning, no nothing. Every time I try to turn on my laptop, the screen will quickly flicker once, the light indicators for certain keys will flicker once (mute mic key and Caps lock key for example), the fan will turn on for half a second before stopping, and the power led will blink. This would all happen at the same time obviously, as if it's the laptop is trying to run, but fails to do so. Plugged in to the AC, the power led would blink 2 times. I've tried disconnecting the external battery, tried pressing the tiny reset button, but still won't work. Hoping someone can help!

Thanks

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 3,926
Message 2 of 2

Re: Help! One year old Thinkpad T460 won't turn on!

Could be disk.  Could be memory.  Could be something like the power button.  If you bought it nearly a year ago, you are probably still under warranty.  Call support.  In US, it is 1-800-426-7378

Rich

I do not respond to requests for private, one-on-one help. Your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where they may help others as well.

If a response answers your question, please mark it as the accepted solution.

I am not an employee or agent of Lenovo.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors