cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tim64
Paper Tape
Views: 1,284
Message 1 of 3

Help with connecting dual monitors to the THinkPad Mini Dock 3 for my ThinkPad T 510

I hooked the one Acer monitor directly to the monitor port, and it works perfectly.  I then hooked the other through a Triton SS2 Extreme UV200 External DVI/VGA Video Card as was recommended for me to do so.  The Triton has a USB plug which I then connected to one of the USB ports on the back of the docking station, and loaded the software.  Everything worked great but the 2nd monitor screen enlarges everything.  So I though I could just go into the control panel and adjust that monitors settings.  However, the system is only recognizing the monitor in the monitor port of the docking station.  In the connection directions, it says the 2nd monitor has to be connected to the other USB port that is not standard and is on the far left of the back of the dock with an emblem the has 2 "+" signs stacked on each other followed by a bold "D" (I think).  I have tried to see if there is an adapter to convert the standard USB to fit this other port, and no one has been able to help me.  Does anyone have any recommendations, idea's or knowledge of how to work through this?  Thanks.

lead_org Microsoft MVP Contributor
Microsoft MVP Contributor
Views: 1,265
Message 2 of 3

Re: Help with connecting dual monitors to the THinkPad Mini Dock 3 for my ThinkPad T 510

that is the Displayport, which can be converted to a DVI or VGA port using an appropriate adapter. But there is no USB adapter for the Displayport, as they use a different technology.
Regards,

Jin Li

May this year, be the year of 'DO'!

I am a volunteer, and not a paid staff of Lenovo or Microsoft
ThorsHammer
Bit Torrent
Views: 1,257
Message 3 of 3

Re: Help with connecting dual monitors to the THinkPad Mini Dock 3 for my ThinkPad T 510

You don't need the TRITON hardware to drive a dual monitor display with the T510 and the Dock III.  Just connect both monitors directly to the dock.

Which dock do you have?

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors