Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sapher
Paper Tape
Views: 3,949
Message 1 of 4

High Nit WXGA LED or WXGA+ LED

My T400 discrete graphic card is crashed down just after one month. Now Lenovo would like to place a replacement with high nit WXGA LED but not my orignal type with WXGA+ LED.

Does anyone know prices of these two different LED monitor? As I remember that WXGA is 1280x800 and WXGA+ is 1440x900, I prefer larger resolution but they dont have this option now.  Smiley Sad

Slugur
Punch Card
Views: 3,942
Message 2 of 4

Re: High Nit WXGA LED or WXGA+ LED

I *believe* the high-nit version is about 50-60 dollars more expensive than the lower-nit, high-resolution version.  Keep in mind that this is based off what I remember the WXGA+ LED option costing.

sapher
Paper Tape
Views: 3,935
Message 3 of 4

Thank Slugur! Welcome comments.
firaX
HDMI
Views: 3,905
Message 4 of 4

I have the "low nit" LED version. I definitely recommend the higher resolution. 1440x900 works wonderfully for 14 inch. I would say it is the ideal resolution, lot of space and still readable. 1280x800 is considerably lower. Most people seem to not even use the full brightness of the "High nit" panel. My normal LED panel at full brightness is already a tad TOO bright indoors (WAY brighter than my old laptops CCFL Panel!). The high nit panel seems useful for people who work in direct sunlight often, if you work indoors mostly you will end up lowering brightness to 10/15 or something anyways (which is prob the normal LED Panels highest setting).

I would never want to exchange my panel, for the reasons mentioned above. Already more than sufficient brightness and very nice high resolution. Before you make a decision def. try out 14 inch laptops with the lowe resolution first... 

Btw the 1440x900 panel seems to be unavailable at this point (for new orders), that is prob. why they want to give you the other panel...

Did the panel actually get damaged or are they just directly exchanging the laptop? If the panel is fine, INSIST on keeping the high resolution panel. I see no point in directly exchanging the laptop for a GPU defect, changing the motherboard is enough for that. 

Message Edited by firaX on 04-11-2009 05:37 AM
Thinkpad T400 (Windows 7 Ultimate x64)

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors