Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
T440p-user
Punch Card
Views: 952
Message 1 of 10

Hotkeys Feature Integration

Reporting a bug on my T440p laptop: I installed Hotkeys Feature Integration (version 8.80.05) a few days ago.  Here's what I notice.  The on screen display for the up and down volume keys DOES work on first starting my computer, but DOES NOT work after coming back from sleep mode.  Fortunately the keys still function, but the display is broken.

Any help to resolve this (ideally a new update to repair this bug!) would be greatly appreciated.

Greetings.

Lenovo Staff
Lenovo Staff
Views: 920
Message 2 of 10

Re: Hotkeys Feature Integration

What version of Windows?

T440p-user
Punch Card
Views: 913
Message 3 of 10

Thank you for your reply.  What a happening forum.

I'm using

MS Windows 7 Professional
Service Pack 1

Lenovo T440p

Using my Lenovo Update and Drivers Utility on 4-10-16 I downloaded and installed Hotkeys Feature Integration.  That was an optional update I foolishly downloaded and installed before researching it.  Had I known that the package had anything to do with my on screen display (something I've had past issues with), I never would have done it.  So I get what I deserve!  The entire on screen display is not broken, just the part that gives me a numerical display of my volume. Fortunately the keys to lower and raise the volume do still work...very glad about that.

On 4-12-16 I also downloaded and installed some other optional updates including Thinkpad Power Manager.  Sad to admit Smiley Happy that I did not research those either.

T440p-user
Punch Card
Views: 908
Message 4 of 10

Wanted to reiterate that the on-screen-display for up and down volume does work after I reboot my computer, so that's good.  But it doesn't work after waking up from sleep. Smiley Happy

Shortly after my first post I did manual install of Hotkeys Feature Integration (version 8.80.05).  Cannot see that anything else is broken after my "tinkering".  The volume display still works after rebooting and doesn't work after coming back from sleep.

I do see in Programs and Features of my Control Panel that Lenovo On Screen Display (version 8.80.05) was installed on 4-10.

Greetings.

Lenovo Staff
Lenovo Staff
Views: 893
Message 5 of 10

Thank you for your report and additional information.  I can reproduce this as well.  We will investigate it.  Sorry for this trouble.

T440p-user
Punch Card
Views: 881
Message 6 of 10

Oh, excellent; reproducible! Thanks.

Hopefully a solution comes into being; I do use my volume keys quite a lot. Smiley Happy

Just want to mention that Lenovo System Updates reports no new updates, and there are no hidden ones either; presently it seems I have everything including the latest BIOS for my system downloaded and installed recently as well. Also, I checked each driver in Device Manager to make sure everything there was up to date.

Thanks again.

Greetings.

Community SuperMod
Community SuperMod
Views: 850
Message 7 of 10

Good day.

There's a slightly newer version (8.80.10) of the package now available:

http://support.lenovo.com/us/en/products/Laptops-and-netbooks/ThinkPad-T-Series-laptops/ThinkPad-T44...

Might be worth a try?

Regards.

Community GuidelinesSearchPrivate MessagingENDEESPTRUUACZ-SKMoto
PM requests for individual support are not answered. If a post solves your issue, please mark it so.

I am not a Lenovo employee.

T440p-user
Punch Card
Views: 831
Message 8 of 10

Thanks for pointing it out.

That package put it right.  So glad!

Greetings.

T440p-user
Punch Card
Views: 643
Message 9 of 10

Is it OK to post a thank you note? Smiley Happy

My on-screen display stopped working following today's (2nd Tuesday of October) Microsoft Updates. I rushed to post about it here at the forum, but decided to first check for Lenovo Updates. Using my Lenovo Update and Drivers Utility, I was hopeful after seeing one update, an optional update for the Hotkeys Feature Integration. This update fixed my on-screen display. Thank you! I strongly rely on the on-screen display.

Greetings,

T440p-user
Punch Card
Views: 549
Message 10 of 10

My Lenovo On Screen Display is no longer working.

Greetings,

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors