Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
YepJustAGamer
Paper Tape
Views: 6,542
Message 1 of 4

How Can I Remove A Key From my lenovo Thinkpad t460s

I'm wondering how I can take off a key without damaging it and being able clean it.

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 6,462
Message 2 of 4

Re: How Can I Remove A Key From my lenovo Thinkpad t460s

You cannot do it reliably.  If you can get something flat under it, you can pop it off, but often one of the little plastic pieces breaks off so you cannot put it back.

Rich

I do not respond to requests for private, one-on-one help. Your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where they may help others as well.

If a response answers your question, please mark it as the accepted solution.

I am not an employee or agent of Lenovo.
YepJustAGamer
Paper Tape
Views: 6,398
Message 3 of 4

Whell. Thank you with this information, but I found out that the larger keys (The one's supported with a iron bar Space shift ect.) if you go underthem with a small screwdriver and run all the way under that you are able to make the bars stay on the keyboard but just get the spacebar off and with that I was able to clean my key and now I have the lovely springy action of my keyboard!

adamtoakley
Blue Screen Again
Views: 4,881
Message 4 of 4

I have a T460p but I think the keyboard is built the same way as a T460s

So the trick is to pop the TOP of the individual key before the BOTTOM.

I've found that if you get your fingernail under each of the top corners you should be able to un-hook the teeny little catches, after the top of the key is free then the bottom is just hinged. the little hinge is essentially just a hook, simply slide the key downwards and it will be free!

Putting they key back on is essentially the opposite, start with the bottom, slide the key upwards and then push on the top two corners, you should hear a satisfying *click* when each catch takes hold.

I hope this helps!

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors