cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Views: 2,601

Question

Apparently due to some careless formatting of the harddrive, the lenovo recovery partition Q and the S partitions are now gone. (I noticed it since I see those partitions on my thinkpad W700 but it is nowhere to be found on this particular T Series after it was reformatted..

How can I recover this?

Answer

Recovery disks - either factory originals or those that were burned by a customer when the system was new, can be used to recover the system to factory state if the hidden partitions have been wiped off the drive.  These hidded partitions are required to allow the Rescue and Recovery program to rebuild the C: drive content.

You'll have to purchase a restore set from Lenovo if you never burned the restore discs - contact support for assistance placing the order as they cannot be ordered through sales.  The disks can be sent out without charge, if the system is under warranty and the hard disk had failed.   If you burned a restore disk set all you need to do is restore the system from them and those partitions will be recreated.

Was this information helpful?