cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Lenovo Staff
Views: 6,030

Question

I have a certified refurbished T530 and the attached manual says the serial number is the ME #. I don't see any serial numbers on the exterior surface or inside the battery bay. The manual says it's on the bottom of the machine but the only number present begins: NLENT

How do I get the serial number of my unit?

Answer

Since the device is refurbished and not out of the box, previous owners may have made changes so the SN on the case might not match the internal data.

So, to check it:
- hit win+R, type cmd
- copy-past the following string in the window opened, by right click
wmic.exe csproduct get vendor,name,identifyingnumber,uuid

The 'identifying number" result is your compuuter's SN.

Was this information helpful?

Comments
timevil

Open Command Prompt (Win+R, CMD)

Type: WMIC BIOS GET SERIALNUMBER

You should see your serial number returned. 

Cheers! 

sherrybelinda

Just to clarify

Would this work even if my Lenovo Yoga 2 Pro had a mother board replaced?

Does the computers "original" Serial Number always show when you follow those instructions or is it possible for the serial number to change because motherboard has been swapped out?

timevil

The scenario you define has options:

1. If you had your device services by an authorized lenovo tech, they should have transferred your original serial number back to your new motherboard.  Therefore you should have your original serial number back. 

2. If you had your motherboard replaced by anyone else, you more than likely have a new serial number. 

Lenovo techs have tools available to them to make the new motherboard as similar as possible as your previous one.  Should you get service elsewhere (outside of Lenovo) then (well, you get the idea) : )

Cheers!