cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Views: 6,485

Question

I own a Lenovo ThinkPad T420 and I find the fact that the Fn key is to the right of the Ctrl key very irritating. I have been using computers for 20 years and the Ctrl key has always been the right most key on the keyboard. Not only is it hard to overcome the muscle memory which I have developed, but it also puts considerable strain on my fingers. This oversight in keyboard design also makes it very hard to switch back and forth between computers. This seemingly small problem is magnified by the fact that I spend an average of 10 hours a day in front of computers.

Please post a BIOS fix to remap these two keys. Key-remapping utilities that I have explored do not have the ability to remap the Fn key because it is controlled by the hardware.

Answer

The BIOS feature that you request already exists in the T420. Please follow the instructions below.

1.  Reboot the computer

2.  Press F1 to enter BIOS setup

3.  Config -> Keyboard/Mouse -> Fn and Ctrl Key swap

Was this information helpful?

Comments
andrewl570

I used a program called keytweak.  I used this on the T430s to remap the page up and page down buttons to the back and forward buttons.  Cant believe lenovo got rid of the back and forward buttons for page up and page down.