cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Track_Collector
Paper Tape
Views: 5,313
Message 1 of 8

How do I Activate (Integrated) AT&T Mobile Broadband Card on T500?

I just received my new T500 laptop with integrated AT&T mobile broadband card.  There are no instructions (i.e. printed material, installation CDs, or on-screen messages) on how to activate this feature.  I currently use the AT&T service on my T61 laptop using a broadband modem card plugged in to the side of the computer.  This laptop came with an integrated Verizon mobile broadband card and every single time I boot up a message comes up asking if I want to activate / subscribe to the Verizon service.  No such message (for AT&T) comes up on my new T500.

Can anyone provide me with step-by-step instuctions on how to get set up and going?  Also, are there any AT&T broadband service users who can share any helpful tips in transferring an existing service from one computer to another?

Thanks in advance for any help!

Centex
Token Ring
Views: 5,308
Message 2 of 8

Re: How do I Activate (Integrated) AT&T Mobile Broadband Card on T500?

"Also, are there any AT&T broadband service users who can share any helpful tips in transferring an existing service from one computer to another?"

Just move the activated SIM card.  I have one activated SIM card that I move between a T60 and a T61 as required. Both of these machines have internal integrated Sierra cards, though. Have to remove the batteries while moving the SIM card.

As far as activating service on your new T500, you should be able to do that by calling AT&T Wireless. Two people in previous threads on this forum have gone that route.

Centex

grootwassink
Paper Tape
Views: 5,200
Message 3 of 8

Let me know how successful you are.   I keep getting a message that the mobile broadband card cannot be found.
Track_Collector
Paper Tape
Views: 5,115
Message 4 of 8

I'm have yet to get set up yet, but at least the laptop recognizes the card now.  (A technician authorized under Lenovo warranty came by, and I believe he disconnected the card, reseated it, then reconnected.)  You will need to contact Lenovo Tech. Support.
shariqali
What's DOS?
Views: 4,850
Message 5 of 8

I am getting the same error message..."no braadband card detected"  Is it possible to fix this problem without calling the lenovo guys?
Lenovo Staff
Lenovo Staff
Views: 4,834
Message 6 of 8

Try going into the BIOS (F1 when system first starts) and load the BIOS defaults (F9) and save (F10).

If the card was added after factory assembly, the card may not be recognized.

shariqali
What's DOS?
Views: 4,835
Message 7 of 8

Thanks, will give it a try.  Would this affect any of my loaded software or settings?
Lenovo Staff
Lenovo Staff
Views: 4,797
Message 8 of 8

Only if you had tweaked anything in BIOS, even then you should be fine.
Top Kudoed Authors