cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Views: 371,705

Question

How do I pair my Bluetooth headset with the laptop?

Answer

Follow the steps provided below to pair your Bluetooth headset with the laptop. Do ensure that you would need a Bluetooth headset which support A2DP in order to stream audio to the headset.

Ensure your system has bluetooth support - not all systems due.  After confirming that your specific model does have Bluetooth, follow the steps below.  If the Bluetooth option is not shown when pressing FN + F5, check device manager to ensure Bluetooth hardware is seen - the Bluetooth driver may need to be downloaded from the Lenovo support site, installed, and the system rebooted before proceeding.

1. Firstly, enable Bluetooth by pressing Fn + F5 to enable Bluetooth on the laptop.
    BT 1.JPG

2. Search for Bluetooth in the Windows "search" bar (which appear immediately above the "Start" button when you click on it) and select "Add a Bluetooth Device.
    BT 2.JPG

3. Make sure the Bluetooth headset has been set to "Pairing Mode" then in the "Add a device" window, select the Bluetooth headset and you will get a "Connecting to device" notification on the bottom.BT 3.JPG

4. Take note of the taskbar area as it will show "Installing drivers" and a notification that there is a Bluetooth device connecting to the laptop. Double click on the notification then enter the paring code for the Bluetooth headset.
  5. Once the correct code is entered there will be a notification that the Bluetooth is successfully paired with the laptop.
    (Default paring codes are 0000 or 1234, if you are getting an code error, invalid paring code. Please check with the Bluetooth headset manufacturer).
  6. Next, go to Control Panel and select Sound
  7. Select the "Speakers - Bluetooth Hands-free Audio" then select "Set Default".
    BT 4.JPG

8. Close all previous opened media player and reopen the player then select the music you want to listen.

Was this information helpful?

Comments
larkstar

My device (iClever Bluetooth speaker) has been added - it appears in the list of BT devices but nothing has been added to the Soiund...Playback tab - what does this mean? Is there a way around this? Can I manually add the speaker to this list?

AlphaMaggot

Bluetooth shows my phone but not my headphones, all drivers are up to date and the headphones are A2DP compatable