cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
aaronep
Paper Tape
Views: 243
Message 1 of 6

How do I repair Lid sensor (hall sensor?) on T470?

So my screen can suddenly blink on and off. It also turned my windows to sleep mode. I suspected screen cable connection but now I'm sure it's the lid sensor. Now it doesn't go to sleep mode anymore since I disabled "sleep when lid is closed" on power settings, now it's only blinks like crazy. When I start touching the area on the right side of my camera, the screen start blinking (don't even need a magnet, only touch!).

I think I have messed up my warranty (I cracked the screen, after the lid switch broken tho). I can't search the lid sensor model on the internet, maybe it's integrated with the webcam microphone? Will this be expensive? I can't even find the lid sensor on t470 repair manual. Is the lid sensor located behind the microphone?

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 236
Message 2 of 6

Re: How do I repair Lid sensor (hall sensor?) on T470?

You can find the sensor location by finding the magnet under the palmrest.  I take a small steel screw and slide it around the palmrest until it snaps to the magnet.  The sensor is in the lit where it hits that spot.

Rich

I do not respond to requests for private, one-on-one help. Your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where they may help others as well.

If a response answers your question, please mark it as the accepted solution.

I am not an employee or agent of Lenovo.
aaronep
Paper Tape
Views: 220
Message 3 of 6

I have found the magnet but I can't double check the lid switch because i don't have a magnet. The magnet is located right next to the palmrest and so I think the lid switch is the right side of camera.

http://imgur.com/a/8fNXOmB

Is there lid switch embedded inside webcam module?

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 207
Message 4 of 6

I don't have a T470 to check, but that's a common place.  With the lids becomming thinner, it is common for camera, saensor and mic to be on the same module

Rich

I do not respond to requests for private, one-on-one help. Your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where they may help others as well.

aaronep
Paper Tape
Views: 198
Message 5 of 6

UPDATE: I disconnected the camera/microphone connector and now the problem just stopped, so I guess my hypothesis that the lid sensor is embedded with the camera was correct. But now I can't sleep the computer when I close the lid.

does cracking the screen void camera warranty tho as the camera is malfunctioning before the screen? I have a replacement screen coming and I plan to ask the service center to fix the camera module after I replaced the screen.

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 188
Message 6 of 6

The LCD panel is not considered customer-replaceable.

Rich

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors