cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
chx
Token Ring
Views: 5,197
Message 1 of 5

How many DisplayPorts are available on the T480s?

There are two physical USB C sockets.

1. The "official" one, it's known to be Thunderbolt 3 capable, controlled by an Alpine Ridge LP so x2 PCIe lanes and 1 DisplayPort is available when in TB3 and also the USB C port is DisplayPort Alternate Mode capable.

2. The "docking port" one, nothing is known about it except it's very unlikely to be TB3 capable. But what about DisplayPort Alternate Mode ? 

In other words, if you bought two USB C to DisplayPort adapters could you run two 4K @ 60Hz monitors?

To compare my TP25 (and so the T470 and very likely the T470s) can run DP from the USB C port and another from the Pro/Ultra dock but the T480s dock is different.

Lenovo Employee Rydeen
Lenovo Employee
Views: 5,079
Message 2 of 5

Re: How many DisplayPorts are available on the T480s?

Dear customer,

>In other words, if you bought two USB C to DisplayPort adapters could you run two 4K @ 60Hz monitors?

Yes, you can run two 4K @ 60Hz monitors.

chx
Token Ring
Views: 5,073
Message 3 of 5

Thanks. How about the Ultra Docking Station? The previous Ultra Dock was an MST hub, what about now? I can't find anything relevant on the Lenovo site https://support.lenovo.com/ie/en/solutions/pd029622 is not updated yet with it.

Lenovo Employee Rydeen
Lenovo Employee
Views: 5,065
Message 4 of 5

Dear customer,

Unfortunately, new Ultra/Pro Dock cannot support two 4K @ 60Hz because new Ultra/Pro Dock uses 1 digital output shared by those DP ports.  So, max confiuguration would be one 4K @ 60Hz and one FHD @ 60Hz.

chx
Token Ring
Views: 5,053
Message 5 of 5

May I suggest, pardon my French, the new docks are a major **bleep**up? You can't use Thunderbolt and apparently a second DisplayPort. Who have ever heard a docking station which takes away capabilities instead of providing more?

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors