Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
FiZi
Paper Tape
Views: 4,391
Message 1 of 4

How many USB-C Ports and how to drive 3 monitors on the T480S

Checking this image of the side of the T480S it looks like there are two USB-C ports. Can the one in the dock slot be used like a regular USB-C port?

Also anyone have any idea how to drive three monitors with this thing? My T460S had a mini-DP port so I just used a 3 port splitter on that. Am I stuck trying to find a triple monitor USB-C dock when it comes to the T480S? A VGA port, like on the Lenovo Docks, is not how I'd like to drive a 3rd monitor. All DP is preferable or DP/HDMI/DVI. I only need 1080p@60hz

FiZi
Paper Tape
Views: 4,377
Message 2 of 4

Re: How many USB-C Ports and how to drive 3 monitors on the T480S

Found my own answer by using the manual. Go figure.

There are two USB-C ports and they both appear to support charging and displays. Any USB-C to 3xDP Adapter should work for my purposes.

lei3
What's DOS?
Views: 4,007
Message 3 of 4

Can you please post the USB-C to 3xDP adaptor you used?  I'm confused with which adaptor to get.

FiZi
Paper Tape
Views: 4,002
Message 4 of 4

This is the one I bought: https://www.startech.com/ca/AV/usb-c-video-adapters/usb-c-dp-mst-adapter%7EMSTCDP123DP

Zero issues driving 3x1080p Monitors. Just gotta remember to open/close the lid on a reboot because the USB adapter it's picked up automatically. Chances are I could fix this in the BIOS but I'm lazy and reboot rarely.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors